Thursday, October 16, 2014

Sickness, Work, Soup

I love this picture. It has been one of those weeks (or 2) where I am just at my wits end. For about 3 days my boys have been sick, so sick. High fever, chills,headache, cough that sounds like a dog barking. I thought they were well and then last night it all went to crap again. There is nothing more helpless than being in bed alone (Shane had gone hunting overnight with Makayla) and praying that your boys will be okay. I found some peace by propping them up and massaging their backs. I was kept awake all night or close to it. We got ready this morning and went off to the dr but when we arrived the office was closed. C.L.O.S.E.D!!! before you ask I did call and nobody answered but the message said they were open. Super frustrating! So i had to come back to my side of town and stop in at a Primary Care. The MD there was great and thorough, the boys will be better soon but the cough is going to hold on! Yay!?
So then of course they decided to fight, I figure if they can fight they can work until they are tired and sleep! Yup I am mean they worked for the next hour or so....proof? Yup got some



Now they can barely move and are just about ready to fall asleep. I did get them some movies and they are resting (I am not that mean) Oh and we did clean their room. How is there so much damned laundry from 2 boys? They only wear like 5/6 things...and why hide undies? Seriously do they think I cannot smell them? Or know they are out of them when they are wearing the same ones? I dont get boys? It is just plain gross really. Oh and why do they hold on to everything? What do you need that one piece of paper for? or that pepperoni under your bed? (YES PEOPLE pepperoni UNDER the bed) We all need snacks but....ugh I just cannot even. Cannot.Even. 

With them being sick i had to take some days off of work. The first time I have had a big girl job and take some time off. I am not sure what to make of that. Luckly I have some time off I can use so I can at least cover these few days. Nice to have a job where you can earn Paid Time Off and/or vacation time. I can say that I miss working though. I guess because I have a rhythm with it now and am doing well. 
I found this picture of my girls from around the time John was born. Look at how amazing they are! They are amazing and wonderful. To think they look like this now
in the same order too! first picture Brenda is 8ish Makayla 4ish Laura 2ish....this one 18, 15, 14...amazing what a few years do! They are so lovely...Watching Brenda work around having her boy(friend) leave for his mission has been difficult. He is a super guy and really is kind and loving to her. I hope when he gets back it works for them but as of today he has been gone for 4 days and she is having a hard time. She is going to be ok but its tough. So if you have any good ju ju or prayers for her send them on. She would appreciate them...even some kind words on her page would help.

So the last thing I have to talk about is soup! I sit next to a wonderful person at work who is so kind. I had told her about how sick my boys were and how tired I was, that I had forgotten my lunch. She has been sick as well but we started talking about soup and how delicious it would be to have. Her mom works in the same office just another department. Around lunch time my girlfriend says what kind of soup do you want? I say broccoli sounds good. Her mom comes with soup....SOUP! 
It looks bigger than it is but trust me it was delicious and wonderful. I was so thrilled and humbled that she would think of me. I offered to pay her as soon as pay day came...alas she said not to worry. I shall repay her...Its a joy to have her next to me!

Reminds me to be kind to everyone, help everyone and love everyone. Find a way to serve and you shall be served in return. Kinda takes away the crappy times.....

2 comments:

Harlin Family said...

Sorry, having sick kids totally stinks for everyone! Those nights can be scary. We've spent way too many times in the ER for those barky coughs...stresses me right out! I'm glad you got a clean house out of that fighting. Jacob looks pretty enthusiastic to be vacuuming. lol I love the pictures of you girls when they were little and I love that you are surrounded by kind people who love you. :)

Melissa said...

Lol I love that pic at the top!!!
Well sounds like some crappy times. I hope Shane's hunting is a success. Let us know. I'm so glad you've got good mates at work. What a blessing.
Love you.