Saturday, September 19, 2015

Portland, Mt St Helens, Foo Fighters

I had been waiting with such excitement since the beginning of the year to go to the Foo Fighters Concert. Brenda bought me tickets to see them in Portland, Oregon on the 14th of September. It seemed like that day would never come. Well it finally arrived and then it went so fast...i want to do it again...and possibly again.

Brenda and I drove over to Washington/Oregon on a Friday we took our sweet time getting there. I rented a car and just enjoyed the scenery. It is a lovely drive from Caldwell over there. When you hit the Gorge it gets so lush and beautiful. I felt like i was in Maine again. Made me a bit sad as i miss being home this time of year.

I didnt get a ton of photos from that drive i was excited to get to where we were going. 
Yup me driving...it was a nice car and I was excited about driving something swanky...of course i cant remember what kind of car it was. 

Portland is beautiful there is quite the amount of homeless there, a good majority of them super talented and playing music on the streets. The Saturday market was neat and really cool to hang out there. 





I loved the architecture of the city. It was green and lush and seeing the water was wonderful. Living here in Caldwell there isnt much water that isnt coming from sprinklers. 


Then we went to VooDoo Donuts, our first trip there found us a 45 min wait, we decided to return. We went back later and there was only a 15 min wait. It was fun to be there, feel the energy from the shop and the people in line. The donuts were good, i miss Dunkin Donuts though. I wish for a vanilla cream filled donut...love those things. We took them to my sisters house and my nieces were thrilled to be able to pick their own...
My pretty niece Bridget. She was so excited to get the sprinkles...

Marley is the M&M lady and all around rock star. She is not one for photos and yet she held this pose for me so I could get the right shot. I didnt get one of Abraham which makes me sad but he got the biggest donut and was happy about it. 

Brenda and I had a great time staying with them. I think Brenda learned some new things about her aunts she didnt know and some insight into life. Eileen, my youngest sister, has a very open view of life and is not religious. It was great to see Brenda and Eileen having great discussion about where she is at in her life and what Eileens thoughts on it are. I am so grateful to have siblings who are understanding of our beliefs and respecting the way we have raised our children. I enjoy having them to talk too. 

Mnt St Helens was our next stop on Sunday and what a wonderful drive that was. We got a bit lost, finally found our way and had a glorious view. 







If you ever have the chance to go...GO it was unbelievable...It amazes me that Heavenly Father has made such a gorgeous world. The astounding world we live in is so wonderful. It was fabulous. 

Monday was the FOOOOOO FIGHTERS...we had done so much walking over the weekend my feet hurt so bad but i wanted to stick it out on the floor General admission....it was exciting. 


We were at the Moda Center in Portland. So close to the stage. It was great. 





We were so close. I thought of my friend Dru and how excited he would have been to be there with us. He was the first person to catch on to me quoting Foos in a talk at church.




Still waiting on more photos from my sister (above) and my girl. It was a fantastic concert. Dave Grohl (lead singer) and Taylor Hawkins (drummer) really keep things going through the entire 3 hours. it was the best time i have had in a long time. 
Just as a side bar Krist Novaselic was there as well. He is the guitarist from Nirvana. I personally saw 2/3s of Nirvana...i peed my pants. (think of that Dru, maybe i am a bit cool). 

If they ever come again i am taking all my kids, and probably going to beg Dru to bring Melissa as well. Brenda and I talked about having them with us. We took a few videos of the concert as well maybe in the next blog i can get the ones from my sister and Brenda and post them. 

I wont lie coming home was great, sleeping in my own bed, being with my boys and girls and my  hubby. I missed them all this time. Usually when i go away i dont miss anyone much. But this time i did. I am still catching up and trying to get back into life...but i still dream bout Foos...



2 comments:

Melissa said...

WHOOOOOOHOOOOO

Harlin Family said...

Looks like an AWESOME weekend! You deserve some fun like that after all the hard work you do everyday! :)