Saturday, August 20, 2016

QueensFerry

On one of the most wonderful days on our trip we went to Queensferry. It was so beautiful that day. 


There are 3 bridges in Queensferry and of course i am not the historian but the one in the middle of this photo is the original bridge that connects the main land to the other piece of land across the way. Notice there are clouds...there were clouds everyday, they came and went and sometimes it rained and other times it didnt.

The red bridge there is a rail bridge. It is still in use and built in Victorian times. It is amazing to look at. Apparently they would paint the bridge through the years by starting at one end, by the time they go to the other they had to start over again. This bridge is steady and strong, stands up to the weather, the salty air and all that happens. I kind of admire that bridge. I want to be strong like that. Even if the battering winds come i still stand, sure i need to be painted every once in a while but i am still hanging on.

Off to the side there is another bridge that was erected in the 70's and it has to be replaced because it cannot stand the traffic that it carries everyday now. Funny, not only for that reason but it is eroding and degrading because of the weather and elements. It is ironic that this bridge is coming apart, so badly that they have to build a newer one next to it with Chinese steel that came in assembled incorrectly and they have to reassemble it to have a replacement. 

I think of all of the days we were there this one sticks out in my mind the most. It was lovely and sunny. We found a lovely little place to sit and eat on the seaside.
That is my Uncle John, my mums brother, and of course Makayla with her mouth wide open

John and my Aunt Lindsay

My aunts from L-R Margaret (Johns wife), Lesley and Lindsay these two are my mums sisters

We had this lovely platter that day? Haggis balls, pate, salmon, hummus, Mediterranean olives, chicken, roasted peppers, scallops all with bread on the side. It was a delicious combination of food. 

I didnt get a photo of Lauras fish and chips until it was almost gone! It was delicious. 

Happy face full of fish and chips!!! Brenda had strawberries and creme that day and it was so good. There is nothing like creme in Edinburgh.

the place we were sitting had a stair case that went right down to the ocean. The girls decided to go down and look for shells. 

There was even a crab, dead, but it there it is. 

As I was enjoying life and the sun and the deliciousness of the day i noticed down the beach there was my daughters with their great Uncle and Aunt talking and looking for shells. Just looking at this photo still makes me tear up. I could picture my mum with them enjoying the breeze, the sun, the moment. 

I just kept taking photos. It was a moment I wanted to take in. I sat there for a while just watching them chat and look. My heart was so full i could barely contain it. 

Can you tell I kept taking photos. 

The stairs down to the ocean. It was such a beautiful place to just sit and be. Fabulous. Wish i could go back and be there for a while. Just sit and think about my mum and be with my family. 
I will probably post this more than one or 12 times but i love these people. I miss them as well. I want to go back and sit with them and have tea (well...just ice water) and laugh. 


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Everything looks so so great. I'm glad you went.