Saturday, March 18, 2017

Big Deal, Photos, Sleep, Birthday

This last week i got so mad, I do not usually get mad mad...but i was so furious this week at one point i could see the blood pulsing in my eyeballs. There is a particular process at work that is very easy to go by at work and everyone does the same thing. This process is not just for one person but everyone. Needless to say there is always the one person who thinks they are above everyone. It happens in every office situation. I am good with it. I know this person thinks she is as big deal, I am fine with that cause i know I AM a big DEAL...(ok that is a joke). This person will pawn off this process every.single.time....and it drives me crazy.

Now I have to digress a bit, at home this week things have been tense. Every time the hubs and I go over the budget things get tense for a few days. That is part of life really and I am okay with it. There are some other family things that then pile on top of these discussions and boom we have created the perfect storm for ME.

So this big deal doesnt follow the process and I lost my SHIT. I just lost it. Good thing I took the split second to think a bit and only throw a piece of paper and then walk outside. It was so frustrating to me. Why is it so hard to just follow the process? It has made me think lately about how i behave in the office. Am I making more work for others? I took a step back and looked at what i was doing and changed a few things so i could be more helpful, kind, understanding and work better at the processes of work. I am trying to be a better person but not sure how well that is working but i am trying.

Onto other things:

I thought this year that i really need to make an effort to post more photos with me in them with the kids. I dont really like too, not sure why, but this year i am trying at least 2 times a month to take a photo with the kids if it happens more that is awesome. My girlfriend who does a blog does random ones with her children and I have noticed she is doing it more. Not sure if she is doing it, but I thought my children need to see me. 

Now that the kids are getting older we have random times when Jake is the only kid home with us. Last Friday was one of those days. John had a school thing where he got to go to Boise and stay at a hotel...SIDEBAR::::

John gets to go to a swanky hotel called the Grove Hotel in down town Boise for a school trip. He stays in a room with is friend G. G and John look around the room and hang out, watch the awesome big TV etc. for 3 days, they take NO SHOWER. Why you ask? Ya so did I. Well they couldnt find the soap. John said they had great towels but no soap. Then i said didnt you look on the counter and see the little box of soap? John says...OH THAT was SOAP??? yes son, that was soap...dont worry though cause they went swimming...

Back to the original story...I got home from work and Jake and dad were watching some movie, which I noticed was quite the thriller and a bit scary. So its time for bed and John isnt home, Laura is at work and so is Makayla...Jake decides he is sleeping on the floor by our bed...

All night he was by our bed. It was nice to have him there sort of. In the morning, he just lay there chatting with dad and I. It was nice. 

We celebrated Lauras birthday a week or so ago as well. It was fun to have Skyler and Brenda over and make fun of her belly. She is starting to show and ate like a piggy. We had a great time. Its always nice to have all of the kids together with food and fun. The boys are growing and girls are getting on and their tie in the house is coming to a close. I like to have them all here every once in a while. 


Memories are the best sometimes. Sometimes crazy things happen and those are the best. Sometimes not having all of the kids around is great. Makes for ups and downs of life but fun and joy all around. Trying to take time and make time to be a part of it. Photograph it and make sure I am in the photos is important. Make sure you are doing the same. Even if you dont have a blog, just put them together somewhere....


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love all these pics and I'm glad Brenda is doing well.