Tuesday, March 7, 2017

IPod sadness, Logan, Better

The months of February and March always get me a bit sentimental. My 2 beauties were born in those months not far apart. Brenda Renae was born on the 17th of February and Laura Danielle was born on March 5th. They were born 4 years apart and are such different personalities. They are NOT the same in any way, shape or form really.

At some point in during this year I am going to start going through more of the family photos i have from the "old" days that are not digital. I want to start making some blog posts with those photos. I have found that i need something to do that is productive that will take up some of my time. I used to love reading, but have not had the time i would like to have to do it. I love the movies but budget wise its not a good idea to go every week or even every other week. Music is glorious...OH...that reminds me... I had a little tiny ipod shuffle i won on a whim once. My girl Brenda filled it up with wonderful awesome music around Christmas a year or so ago, on the days when i really wanted silence in my head while working i would listen to that iPod. Made my life so so so happy. I mean i cannot tell you how happy. There was some music on there i didnt even know the name of it but would listen to it over and over.

I had it on my desk in the morning and sometime, at some point it came up missing. I thought maybe i had taken it home, nope. I looked everywhere all over my house, in every pocket of everything....not there. Somewhere, somehow its gone and I am super sad. I dont want to blame anyone or accuse anyone of stealing...so I decided to let it go. I think everyone around me is more upset then I am, but I have to say, my appetite for music is sort of gone for a bit. I am sort of sad for that really. I wish i had that iPod on some days.

3 of my favorite things in the world and I am not in to them anymore? What is going on? I know i have been doing some soul searching more so then what i write on here, but I suppose i am still a lost girl in this world.

I have been waiting with much joy on Logan to come out. I love love love Hugh Jackman in most every movie he is in. He is a good actor and just a good guy all around...oh and i am slightly infatuated with him. Dont get me wrong my hubs is pretty darn hot, Hugh isnt too bad....So i was telling my girls ( we have a messenger link we all chat on all the time) how excited i am about the film coming out. Sometimes at night when i want to chat with Brenda we will video chat over messenger as well. So i was video chatting with the girls and telling them how excited i was about the movie Logan. Its the last in the Wolverine films. They all made fun of me which is par for the course, and Shane made fun of me as well...Come to think of it everyone was making fun of me...what is that about?

So the next night was Friday night and i was looking forward to spending some extra time with Shane. I walked in the door he was asleep on the couch and tired, i figured eh, get jammies on and just hang at home tonight. I go change into my jammies he changes into going out clothes (now if you know Shane that is a clean pair of pants and sneakers not work boots) I say what are you doing?
He says, thought you wanted to go to the movies?, my heart lept...of course this is not the most romantic think in the universe but for him it was awesome. I know he hates going to the movies and doesnt really like Wolverine movies. In any case, we went to the movies. I had a glorious time. We had a little bite to eat after and it was the best night ever.

Logan if you are going to go see it, is a dark movie, Do NOT watch it with little kids its very graphic and there is quite a bit of the F word considering Mr Logan in the film. But it was a great ending to Logan and the Professor (spoiler alert). It was awesome for me, cause i like anything Hugh Jackman. I am glad he took the time to take me.

I have to say i am grateful for  my hubby. I have been longing to go to a movie, to spend time with my sister, to have free time but it just has not happened (also my sister lives in Florida)...and here was a surprise. I like small surprises like this. I am making a concerted effort to be more mindful of Shane as well. Its tough when you have young children, then teens...but i am trying to be more aware. I think for me as well, its a bit tougher, to step outside and not be so needy. I am working on that. I am more mindful of my children, our family....making some history in our home. More on that to come. Until then what are you doing to be more mindful of your Person (spouse, boyfriend, girlfriend whatever). Are you setting aside yourself? its a tough thing when you think hard about it. But i am really working on it. Trying to be a better wife...its hard...

2 comments:

SherryT said...

love you Moira and your blog. hugs and kisses from
maine

Melissa said...

Sorry about your Ipod. Glad you saw Logan. I can't wait.