Thursday, September 19, 2019

Jake is driving, Canning is crap, Baby bumps are beautiful

As we all journey through life do you ever wonder why the trials sometimes seem insurmountable? You are on a hike and the side of the mountain is smooth then steep. So steep you are at an angle and you are trying to keep going? A point comes in the hike and you are out of breath and the mountain sort of tapers off and you can walk upright, slowly and catch your breath. So you walk along for a while, sometimes a long while...but the inclines come again. How do you make it through those difficult times, when you are out of breath, huffing and puffing up the hill, legs burning, back aching, sweat dripping in your eyes...what do you do? I would like to say that I cry to my Heavenly Father and beg for relief, but lets be honest sometimes that doesn't happen. I wallow in pity and sorrow, I cry and wail, scream (in my mind, well sometimes in the open), I hide under my covers, sometimes pretend to sleep a lot (so i do not have to face people). So what brings me out of the depths of despair? A myriad of things, but overall one thing that does this is....laughter. When I can find a reason to laugh, i start finding more reasons to laugh, with the people i love, with my coworkers, with my friends. I have a friend that i go to dinner with once or twice a month. Sometimes we cancel because things come up, but we always find time to go together and we laugh for hours. Sometimes we have serious talks but overall we laugh. I have a coworker who i can say anything too and laughter soon becomes part of our discussions daily. This particular friend struggles with anxiety and depression so we lean on each other sometimes when we are down. Sure we complain to each other but it soon turns into laughter. Makayla Jake and John give me great reason to laugh. Not to say that Laura and Brenda do not but they are more serious than those 3. Laura and Brenda definitely have a different humor...This laughter then turns me back to talking with the Lord and pulling myself out of the depression/anxiety/frustration whatever it is that pulls me down. So again what do you do? What brings you through the trials...i ask cause i need ideas...i need inspiration.....So let me know.


On to other things...............This boy is learning to drive. My baby is driving, i thought i would be sad but i am not. I am excited for him to grow and become more and have adventures.




One day I came home from work and the recliner we had was replaced by an exercise bike. This bike gets used almost daily, when we are talking as a family, watching tv...or just being used. I am glad we have it in our faces all the time now. 


I took a day off to do some canning. Shane decided to pick up 400 lbs of pears. Yes i said 400lbs. It took all day with Brendas help and 3 canners going. Let me tell you I was achy and tired after that day. We ended up with 181 quarts which was great. Brenda came down to help but i am sure she was more achy and tired than i was.
Then we got 200 lbs of peaches. We ended up with 82 quarts out of that batch. My girls are amazing. They jump in and do what needs to be done. Laura has been canning about 16 quarts of tomatoes every week for 4 weeks, we then decided to start picking and giving away. Sweet ladies in the ward who we know can use them are always very grateful when we give them 2 baskets or a box of tomatoes. 

This is a partial photo of our pumpkins this year. They are insane and have gown like crazy. Some of them have been chewed on a bit by the family of mice or moles in the garden, they have had some good dinners for sure! We have a lot and we are hoping to make the money we did last year for the boys missions. 

Last but not least my girl, she makes my eyes sweaty sometimes. The work of pregnancy is so hard, so very taxing and frustrating. This photo was at the end of August.

These photos were mid September!! Skyler decided to learn how to take photos. I am sure to have some photos that he does not have to pay for! Anyway this is what he did for Brenda. My girl is making another baby and i am so proud of her.  We cannot wait to meet our new grandie, i just want Brenda to be well coming through it. I want for this baby to be strong and healthy. 



I mean my goodness..........LOOK AT THIS. They are a great little family....next ones need to include Axel!

So i ask you again....what do you turn to when you are in the depths of trial and tribulation? I turn to laughter, beauty in my family, joy in my children...most of all i turn to my husband. We have not had it easy, the last few years have been particularly difficult however those difficulties have created an new marriage with us. More connected, more laughter, more time together...something more heavenly and peaceful. 

And for a bit of laughter, Jake loves Elder Holland...so this one makes us laugh all the time...For my Latter-day Saint friends you may find this humorous. Jeffrey R. Holland is an Apostle in our church. He is a very learned man and quite to the point and blunt. The boys love his words. If you ever want something inspiring to hear, listen to him speak you can find him on youtube. 


No comments: