Sunday, December 21, 2014

kid update

Ummm, I dont like a lot of things. One is teaching in front a of a group of people who I dont know. Today I had to teach in Relief Society (an hour of time in church where all the women-folk hang and learn some stuff together). Last month the Bishop asked me to teach once a month. I said yes, I mean really who can say no, he seems like a really nice guy. The lesson was on Mary and the birth of the Christ child. I have often wondered what it would have been like to ride a donkey 9 months pregnant knowing that I am carrying the child of Heavenly Father. I cannot imagine riding a donkey man, I am stuck on the donkey riding.....

In any case I am amazed at her resilience and stamina to bring in the world the Son of God. I think back on my pregnancies and how difficult they were. Frankly, I was not a nice person and life was tough for me. But as I sit here know i see my kids and they are amazing.

Brenda is working hard. She is accomplishing so much in her short time away from Connor. Granted she misses him so much and loves him, it has to be tough and she wants to be ready for him when he comes home. He writes some lovely letters to her and lets her know he is thinking of her and prays for her strength in the Gospel. I am so grateful for a Young Womens leader who took the time to be real with Brenda, giving her good advice and helping us raise her in the best way possible. Without that woman in Brendas life I fear where she would have ended up. Now look at her just getting ready to move forward with her life...she is pretty cool

Makayla is getting ready to go get her license. I am so glad she is the way she is. She makes our life fun and happy. She loves the classes on auto mechanics as well as auto body. It is something she thrives on doing. She and her dad have already changed a heater core in the truck we have. It was exciting and wonderful for them to accomplish that together. 

Laura is my art girl. Her art is coming a long so beautifully. I dont have any pictures right now she tends to hide them. But when i get a glimpse they are absolutely lovely. She is talented, but she doesnt think so. Her hair is awesome too...i love her hair. 

My boys are my boys. John is smelly and 12 and Jake is smelly and 10. John is working so hard on his scout stuff it looks like he will have his Eagle by the time he is 14. Who does that? I will keep you posted on all of that stuff. 

Life is a tough thing. We as a family have been under a huge amount of pressure. I have been working a lot and I am tired a lot. We have some other things going on as well but i dont want to publish them here. If you think you cannot take another step further ask yourself do I have to be 9 months pregnant riding a donkey across the desert? No? well then i think you will be ok. Mary had a ton more work a head of her then i did so I guess I will be ok. Somehow we will make it through it all.....

So as another aside if you feel prompted to help someone this holiday season, do it. We have been blessed many holiday seasons by people who have felt a need to bless us. Someday we will give back, right now we cannot. But if  you feel so inclined help others, anytime and all of the time. The goodness of life will come back to you...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Merry Christmas henries. Xxoo