Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Turkey, Thanksgiving, Wood, Black Friday

I havent been in much of a mood for blogging. The last few weeks have been up and down mostly down and frustrating. The house we have been in is pretty cold first of all. I hate a cold house. Turning up the heat doesnt seem to help cause the furnace is always going..ALWAYS going. All I hear is money going out the window and that makes me frustrated.

So I am sitting here thinking about our thanksgiving and it was fun. Before thanksgiving my kids wanted to give some turkeys away. So Shane got up and with the help of the boys smoked a bunch of turkeys and gave them out to people.



He also made one for my work. We have a pot luck once a month and people loved the turkey. At least they said they did. You never know really....people are people you know. I was glad that Shane did it. He is pretty talented and I like to show off his talents. 


I only took like 2 photos of the dinner but it was delicious.




 The kids and Shane helped one of his Home Teaching people with their wood. You all know how much he loves doing wood....its in his soul....
The lady in one of the pictures is a sister missionary in our ward. She is from Samoa and quite the woman. It is nice to have her around. She was quite good at the wood chopping.






On Thanksgiving night the girls and I and Erin went to see the Hunger Games movie Mocking Jay. It was good. After they wanted to go do some shopping something we have never done so we went and enjoyed the time. Found some nice deals and bought some presents. The above pics are at the Village in Meridian. It is a nice place. There are some fountains and other decorative stuff especially for Christmas. It was fun and festive...The girls really had a good time. We ended up going to Walmart Target and Khols it was fun. I enjoyed the time, not sure i want to do it again....without money. 



The valley on Black Friday evening was nice and I love seeing it. Here in Meridian there are not enough places high enough to take some pictures but on Federal Way there is a nice view.

Fall in Boise is done and Christmas is coming time to reflect and make some new choices. The changes are coming for our family. Stuff I havent written about here and not a lot of people know....but you will soon....

Stay tuned for all that is coming, what about you and the new year? What is going on with you? Will it be amazing? I hope so....



1 comment:

emt8385 said...

Oh man dems some good smoked turkey. I forgot to send u the pics i sent. Had a blast thanks for having me.