Sunday, December 14, 2014

Moon, Village, Cards and Christmas



I took these pictures the about a week ago. I came home from work late the shadows on the house were so beautiful. Full moon and clouds going over the moon. I dont have an awesome camera but I played with  my phone for a bit and found this setting that lets me take photos at night and makes them sharp. The middle one is by far my favorite. Just so clear and lovely. I thought about my niece Rosie, my brother Malcolm and my Mum. I felt like I could be close to them all for a moment in the silence of the night. I sent a little prayer out to heaven for them. It was nice to have a quick moment alone with the beauty of the night. It was a nice moment. 


There is a place in Meridian called the Village. It is quite lovely. Shane is not a fan cause everything is so close together. It is kind of a hoity toity place but they have some beautiful fountains. There are fire places around as well so you can warm up and some seating as well to watch the fountains. They have an ice skating area as well. 


Erin came to visit us for Thanksgiving (as an aside it is always a pleasure to have her with us.) We went to the movies and had some fun time doing some shopping on Thanksgiving night. I know people get upset about that but in reality life is full of opportunities. We had a lot of fun just being together. It made for some fun times. Oh and ERIN I had to wrap what you left and well you are wonderful to us more than you ever need to be. You have a heart bigger than your....well you know...and trust me i wont tell anyone, just know that we love you more than you know. 

This time of year is always a bit difficult for me. I have struggled for years. I know part of it is the death of my mum the other part is basically the winter time sucks?! But every year i get a card from a fabulous woman. I had the joy of having my Aunt Iris and Uncle Ron at our house 2 summers ago. It was so much fun. I wish that I had taken some pictures. I didnt and I will be sad for that forever. 
This is the cover of the card she sent this year. I actually wait all year for her to send one to me. Somewhere in my house i have other cards from years past because i love them. Her writing reminds me of my mothers. It must be the way they learn to write in Europe. Its nice to feel so loved from my mums family. I know my other aunts and uncles and cousins think of us as well. Some day i want to go to visit. I am afraid it may be a few years down the road but my goal is to see the smiles of my aunts and uncles. Visiting a few beautiful countries would be nice as well. 



We got out the stuff for Christmas and Jake was so happy. See that Kohls box? its full of presents from aunt Sarah (to whom we can never repay anything) She has made Christmas a wonderful season for us every year. Our life has not been one of ease. It has been difficult to say the least, she has been the one constant in my kids life. She gets really upset at the kids every year because they never ask for anything. This year she called and made them write a list of 10 things they actually wanted. They were excited to write a list. I have never asked for a list from them. They still put very practical things on the list and i had to make them re write it so there were things they really wanted. We shall see in the end if they got what they asked for! I think they will be pleasantly surprised. 

As we go into the Christmas season I am tired. I have been sick for the past 3 days. Violently ill for one long night and then just really tired. But i see a few vacation days coming for me in the next week or so, that will be nice. Just some time to hang with the kiddos. Maybe some funny stories to come out of it. Who knows...it is Christmas after all.



2 comments:

Harlin Family said...

Those pictures of the moon are beautiful! Loved the post. :)

Melissa said...

Glad things are going well.