Sunday, February 22, 2015

Crappy, Happy, Snappy


I went out to start my van after work on Monday and strange noises started resounding from my engine....much sadness abounded and my frustration arose slightly. Then I started to drive home and ended up at the light at Eagle and Franklin. This was the beauty of the sunset over the side of the hill off in the distance. I was somewhat amazed at the beauty that shines sometimes through the crap of life. The colors of the sky were beautiful, I wanted to sit there for a while to watch everything change. Alas, the sounds from the engine begged me to go home.

As I arrived home Shane said there is a lifter in the engine probably not the best idea to drive it around too much. So now we are in a quandary...what to do? All of our money is tied up in an investment right now and we cant go a buy a car. One of our children came to us with the amount of money we needed for a car that we found on the internet and provided what was needed for us to purchase a car. We found a car for about $2000 that has really low mileage and will suffice for now. That child who sacrificed what was needed will be paid back, I am still in awe at the love and kindness that child had for us. So we have a car that will survive us for the next few years.


On a brighter note my girl turned 19. Sometimes I am surprised that I have a kid that old. She is lovely and wonderful. I am super proud of her with all of her craziness. She makes life happy at our house. She has become a wonderful young woman. (we are all praying for the return of her boy so she can calm down and move out!!)


She wanted New England Boiled Dinner so we had corned beef and cabbage, onions and carrots. OH MY GOODNESS it was so delicious. There was enough for 2 days such excitement in our house. Corned beef in Idaho is super ridiculous expensive which is frustrating. I wish we could have boiled dinnah more often would make for a nice night. 


on a better note Lauras hair is magnificent and amazing and often i play with it. this was our invention last sunday and I loved it. When she took it out it was all wavy and beautiful. Oh dont mind the boys in the background they seem to show up intermittently....




On a crappy note John has been sick for the past 4 days. The rental we live in has some issues and they are making John sicker than he has been in a long time. Today we decided that he needed to be outside in the fresh cool air for a bit for his lungs to clear up. Gratefully he doesn't have pneumonia but i am sure if we aren't diligent it will become worse and move to that. (I will explain more about the house we live in later.) In any case he had to have some x-rays and blood work done and it was a cool trip for him. he doesn't remember all of the other times mom had to take him as a little one and sit with him in the hospital while he was having treatments and such. I guess when you are 12 its awesome. Jake and Jill took good care of him while he was outside. They took him soup, cider and lots of blankets to keep  him at least warm. It was sweet to see Jake worry about him and take care of him. On Friday Brenda came home from work to sit with him so that John wouldn't be alone all day. We have some good kids.

On a better note I got a promotion to another part of the company. I will be working in the Intake section. Intake reviews special needs for patients who need surgeries and other special services. It is going to be great. Along with the move comes a raise and better hours. I am excited to move to another section and learn new things. I am a bit nervous about it but the ladies who work over there are amazing.

There are many more things going on but no announcements will be made at this point. Soon enough, just know that when you hear the news you will be shocked. Life is crappy but we have been finding some happiness within the crap. As usual, we have banded together and found ways to be happy and help each other out. I hope you are feeling the same in your life as well.....if not just remember 


6 comments:

sistaht26 said...

Bahaha I love the minion quote! Too funny! Congrats on the promotion. Love ya!

sistaht26 said...

Bahaha I love the minion quote! Too funny! Congrats on the promotion. Love ya!

Harlin Family said...

You really do have awesome kids. That says a lot about their parents too. :) Congrats on your promotion.

Harlin Family said...

You really do have awesome kids. That says a lot about their parents too. :) Congrats on your promotion.

Melissa said...

Looks like if you comment on this post it puts it up twice. That's a lot of pressure. I'm not too sure how I feel about that, now what I was gonna say will be said twice!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxxxx

Melissa said...

Oh nope, it's only posted it once. Saweeeet.
So what I was gonna say is that I love Brenda and Laura's hair, I totally saw Makayla on Sunday and gave her a hug and I'm glad you have a 'new' car and that John's ok.
I think I got it all out.