Friday, February 6, 2015

Overtime, Quitting and a Cure!

I haven't written in a while for a few reasons mostly because I have been working upwards of 55-60 hours a week for the last couple of weeks. I had an opportunity to work some overtime at Ameriben in the Medical Management side of the company. That side of the company is where people call to get precertification to have medical procedures done or therapies things like that. I was excited to learn something new! Always up for a challenge. Funny enough a position opened up in that department and I put in for it. I have had the first interview and waiting on info for the next interview. I hope I end up there. It is really a great place to be. I have been there for a few weeks so far and mostly I have helped to fold letters and do some correspondence for them. Ameriben has grown and they are feeling the growing pains. I should hopefully know soon.

I have also been working Bed Bath and Beyond....BUT

I finally gave my notice!!! after 7 almost 8 years there I am done....D O N E! I am so excited. Granted I only work on Saturday nights at this point it is still tiring. I just want to be home with my kids and hubs or maybe have an actual date night. Those seem to come few and far between. (Lurena is the Ops Manager at the store and very nice...but to give Brett my notice was...I cannot explain the joy...just sayin)

One other thing I want to write about. I kind of eluded to it in my last post. My Makayla Jayne has been struggling with headaches for the past 4 years. Some days she cannot get out of bed. Or she gets out of bed and has to go right back. We finally got her to see a Neurologist and we thought YAY finally some relief for her. I had no idea how bad the headaches were until we sat in the office with the dr and she started describing the pain. Pain levels are from a 1-10 she said she has been at a constant 7-10 for the past 4 years. I had no idea. There has been no reprieve for her except when she is sleeping. In fact there may have not been a reprieve then either as Laura tells me often she would awake in the night to calm Makayla and get her back to sleep. (Yes they share a room and a bed queen size of course) I felt like such a horrible mother. How could I have not known? Makayla has always had a high threshold for pain (labor will be a breeze for her!!!) but this is something I cannot comprehend. How to make it better??? Well the meds the dr wants her to take cost 100 bucks for 25mgs for one week supply and he wants her on 200mgs a day!! I may be terrible but I don't have the money for that as well as getting authorization from the insurance to do it has taken a terribly long time.....hold your horses there is an awesome end and no we don't need the money.....

Enter a lovely woman who has taken in my girls as her own being their Young Womans leader...her name is Darla and is she ever a saint. Week after week she would see Makayla close up and hug her and tell her its going to be ok. Week after week she would encourage and love on my girls... and me!
She came to me one sunday in tears and said the most wonderful words I could ever hear..."Michael (her husband) is a Naturopathic doctor who specializes in pain can he take Makayla and work on her?" UM YES, YES he can. Makayla was gone for an hour or more that afternoon and came home WITHOUT A HEADACHE!!! WITHOUT!!! we sat in wonder and disbelief that this had happened. The pupils of her eyes were wide and reactive and she was well rested and feeling the best she had ever felt...EVER!!!! We wanted to cry but that brings on a headache so we sat in wonder and I hugged her and said I was sorry I couldn't have helped her sooner.

So ya I get snippy and grumpy about moving to Meridian but I think I have found a reason we are here if only for a bit. Finding this man to help my girl has given me peace of mind. She is one of the greatest kids I could have ever asked for (well now that she is older)...Peace is a nice thing....

If you need this mans name please feel free to send me an email or a message and I will give his info out! He is so kind and loving I cant imagine the world without Darla and Michael!

4 comments:

1BusyMillerMom said...

Great ending! Had me a little worried toward the middle there but then Bam, Disney. Hug her for me.

Harlin Family said...

Thanks for sharing. Congratulations on getting your Saturday evenings back! I will miss being able to pop in and see you! Also, I am so happy for Makayla and you. What relief you must feel! :)

Melissa said...

What!! I totally commented on this and it's not here. Stupid blogger.
Nice seeing you sunday. Really nice. I'm glad things are going so well. It makes me happy. I texted and rang you. I'm not gonna take it personally that you Havnt responded

sistaht26 said...

Yay for being done with Bed Bath and Beyond!! Yay for finding a cure for Makayla's headaches! I love you!