Sunday, July 12, 2015

Kitchen, Boys, Caldwell

While all of the moving has been going on we have a new found joy of a kitchen. Kitchens are wonderful things they bring a family together. Laura has become an amazing cook and it is fun to see her enjoying life like that. She is creative anyway, but the food she makes is DELICIOUS. Here are some samples of what she makes 


Pies are yummy she has also made banana bread...i didnt get one piece not even a crumb but my house smelled wonderful.

She has also made dinners and they have been great too. Ok maybe there was one that i had to choke down...I mean choke down...it was salty but eh it was still a great effort. She is great at getting the house work done and making sure her brothers are on task. I am grateful for her. 

She is an amazing lady. 
Not to mention she is probably the most beautiful 15 year old I have ever had with that color hair. I mean seriously look at that girl She makes me smile. 

On to some other things. 

sometimes i take random photos of my boys when they are laying on my lap. Jake is so stunning sometimes. He has a New England dry humor that is funny and brings great joy into our home. Its funny because he says he cannot remember his time in Maine but he sure remembers Nana cooking. 

John had been at scout camp for a week and this morning I think his body was done. He has been working hard to recover since the beginning of the year from being around mold. For a kid whos lungs dont function as well as they should he has been quite the trooper. A few weeks ago he came down sick i was hoping he would be better by camp. I thought he was and he kept it at bay now he is home and sicker than he has been in a long time. He ended up staying home from church and sleeping and sweating out the sickness. 

****Sidebar  apparently whilst at camp he was walking down a trail paying attention to some squirrels, when all of a sudden wham! he got kicked by a momma deer! (now you would expect this from our family) Apparently he got between a momma and her baby so she let him have it. He was fine and put some ice on the spot. It is a story for the books...And welcome to our family. 
Life is getting back to normal in the Henrie home. Well i am not sure what normal is but apparently its coming. Shane and I went for a ride yesterday and it was lovely to see Caldwell, well the outskirts of Caldwell. There are spots where it is all farm fields and beautiful scenery with mountain ranges in the background, orchards and canals...it is so lovely.

My camera is not the greatest but there are fields of corn, wheat, sugar beets and other things including the Owhyee Mountains in the background. The sky was so beautiful. Shane never likes me asking him to stop for the photos but i want to remember what i saw. This definitely does not do it justice, dare i say it was magnificent. 

We have been blessed as a family to finally have a place that is ours. Our trials are still fresh in our minds, still tender, but we are finding ways to move forward and find joy. Find happiness in being a family again. We know there is much in store for us here. Do we miss people who are on the other side of Boise, yup i sure do. But it creates an extended family for us that gives me a warm spot in my heart.

Now that i am back on line and life is going to (hopefully) settle down i am hoping to write more. I am not that great at my journal writing so this is going to be it. Like or lump it people. Read it or dont
I dont really care just know that i am here....



5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading your journal as it brings a smile to my face with some. As I read I can hear it as your speaking it. I'm so blessed that our paths have crossed and so happy to be in the same building again.

Unknown said...

I love reading your journal as it brings a smile to my face with some. As I read I can hear it as your speaking it. I'm so blessed that our paths have crossed and so happy to be in the same building again.

Harlin Family said...

Keep the posts coming. That's a beautiful picture at the end. There is something special about farmland...I love the openness. The sunsets are beautiful in those areas too. Lots of love to you and the family from your peeps in SE Boise. :)

Harlin Family said...

Keep the posts coming. That's a beautiful picture at the end. There is something special about farmland...I love the openness. The sunsets are beautiful in those areas too. Lots of love to you and the family from your peeps in SE Boise. :)

Harlin Family said...

Keep the posts coming. That's a beautiful picture at the end. There is something special about farmland...I love the openness. The sunsets are beautiful in those areas too. Lots of love to you and the family from your peeps in SE Boise. :)