Friday, July 17, 2015

Tough, Brilliant, Encouragement

I am always a bit surprised when someone randomly says "Hey I read your Blog". I wonder what do they think? do they think I am a weirdo? maybe I shouldnt have said whatever....oh the things that go through my head.  I also read other peoples blogs and think i should be more like so-and-so or I should be more spiritual. I wonder what people think sometimes as I get older I think that I want to be me.

This week at work has been a tough one. I have worked very long hours for the last few weeks (50+ hours). The company I work for is going through some huge changes and growth spurts. It is affecting everyone and some days almost too much to bear for some of us. I have to say I work with some of the most amazing people, they are resilient, ambitious, encouraging, kind... I could go on and on. The Medical Management side of the company is going to split into 2 teams one for the new company we just took on called JBS and the other will be for the plans we are already taking care of. We are doubling in size in a just a few months. I got chosen to be on the JBS team. This is not something I wanted, in fact I asked to please be on the "Originals" team because I am so comfortable with what I am doing. Here is the interesting part of the story (sorry this was so long getting too)

In a meeting with my team lead and the Director of Medical Management I was told that I am a leader, one to be groomed for the future, and get this Brilliant....Brilliant is a huge word...I do not see myself as brilliant. I am pretty smart. Apparently the Director has not had anyone come in and learn all that i have learned in such a short time, be successful, and still want more. I keep asking for more, I want to learn all the little aspects, why things are the way they are, how can we make processes easier, how can we train better to help those who are struggling to understand. I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment I have worked in the past few weeks helping to train the newbies. My ability to do all that I do must come from the years of Trivial Pursuit Genius Edition and Scrabble. I am not a good tester but as far as learning I put it in the vault and pull it out when I need it. I am still wrapping my head around the fact that I may be really smart. I have never felt that way, but I have never had a high....whatever i dont want to go into that.

The director and my lead have been great in guiding me to be more careful with the no filter I have in my head. I have been working hard to be careful of what I say. Those of you who really know me are aware of my NON Filter. I have a work persona that I have been using to make sure that my um...interesting Moira side stays in check.

I have to say that I have serious goals of where I want to be in 3 years with this company and I made those very well known, and to may astonishment they agreed with the path I wanted to take. In fact, the encouragement I was given has made me want to strive that much harder to achieve that goal. Today felt like a beginning when I was left in charge of the team for a short bit as both leads were in meetings. I also found that many were asking me for help. I found ways to answer questions, calm fears, give encouragement and yet still get my work done the best I could. The best part was having someone text me to thank me for the encouragement i gave her through the day. I dont recall doing it, apparently I did something! It is nice to have the validation but to know that I helped her is much more important. I knew her day was particularly difficult and frustrating. She is amazing and I am more grateful for her than she knows.

For all of this news I know that I get it all from my Heavenly Father. I pray daily to be guided to have someone in my path to help. I have been given such blessings in my life. Everyone may not believe in God like I do but for me, Heavenly Father is my guide and my help. He brings me to the path I need daily to accomplish all i need too. I think with the employment I have, the employer I have, my knowledge that Heavenly Father has given me all, I will be successful, I am smart, I am blessing others.

Even if it is just with a smile, a joke, a fix of the computer, or a back rub on a crappy day....I am worthy of all He gives me, Because I AM a Daughter of God and He loves me (even when I dont love myself)...What do you espouse to that gives you encouragement daily to be good to others? What is it that makes you feel blessed or encouraged? Whatever it is and I know you, it affects me in wonderful ways. Thank you for being who you are and loving me for me....Thank you

4 comments:

it said...

well done it so nice to know you are appreciated another one of those Thomson girls who did well - congratulations and keep it up finally you made it

SherryT said...

Your Mother is so proud of you as she watches you daily. Good job girl. Keep p the good work and don't ever again forget that you are Brillant.
Love you always and forever. Wish we were closer so I could see you and hug you but I get to keep up with you here.
Mommy

Melissa said...

This sounds like a happy post. This makes me happy.

Anonymous said...

To groom or to be groomed leaves me feeling a little pensive. gratitude expressed in any situation makes joy our anchor. The anchor for our daily filtering is knowing we were groomed and taught by Heavenly parents and prepared to learn, lead and thrive by helping others do the same. I am grateful to be your eternal sister....along with many others 'it appears <3 love claudia