Friday, August 28, 2015

Fascination Questions

There are a few very smart people I have met in my life who intrigue me. I am a general observer, watching what people do, how the operate, how they work, interaction...whatever you call it creepy you can call it that as well.

Since our move to Idaho, we have been in 5 wards. I have met men in all of those wards I want to sit and talk to for hours. Only in one have i been able too. A Bishop in one of my wards, let me interview him for a school project. I did not intend to discuss his life before Boy Scouts but we discussed a lot about his time in the military. He talked about some of the perilous situations he was in, he also showed me his very impressive resume. He discussed his feeling of retiring from the military and moving back to Idaho. I had spent quite a bit of time with him over a few years time within his office and at times when I needed guidance. He inspires me that I can become even more than I am now, I think of him often.

We moved to another ward and met another man whom I have already written about, he is in the military and has re-upped to protect our country and take care of his awesome wife. I love him so much he is a brother to my husband and it brings me great joy to see them together. They have been trough some very hard times together, times that would break any man. Those 2 together are making it through the latest trial together, it gives me great pride to know they are there for each other.

In yet another ward, I met someone else with healing hands. With such a gift we as a family can never repay his love and attention. His wife is just as glorious. They are a steady rock in our family even if we dont see them often. They have inspired my children to greatness.

There is a man in our ward who fascinates me. I dont know much about him but he teaches the Gospel Doctrine class. I do not know much about him but just listening to him speak in class I am completely enthralled by his class. He sends notes out each week, gives the scriptures an amazing view i have never seen before. He is an interesting man, he is very observant, I know he was in the military and worked for the church. I gave a talk last Sunday he was one of the first persons to tell me that he liked my talk, then said, "I am watching you" with his finger pointed at me. That made me interested and a bit scared...personally who wants someone watching them, or paying attention to what they do...I know he meant no harm, and in fact he had a bit of a smile on his face. He is a man of few words but the words he does say are important. I would love to sit down with him and just ask questions. Unfortunately that is rude....I know, I know your thinking to yourself  "Moira never stopped you before" Well as I am getting older I am learning that you dont have to rude to get what you want. There will be a time when I can....I have also learned that some people do not want to talk about their life...it may be too painful, too hard...or how about this none of my business....

Interesting, how we meet people in our life and we want to know about them. I am fascinated by people and the lives they live, how do they get here, what made them what they are? What about you what makes you what you are, would someone be fascinated by you? What has happened in your life that makes you stop, get on your knees, and beg for relief? How did you recover? did you recover....most of all could you teach someone else to recover? I have had so many ups and downs in my life that i need to write more about them. So be aware my blog from here on out may be tough to read, it may offend people (never really cared about that much). I need to put more out there so my kids know what is going on, so others can learn to rise up from ashes that consume. I love my friend who blogs all the time, i have learned so much about her, i love her deeply. She has become an inspiration for me, in more than one way. She is the reason i started a blog, one of the reasons i am so fascinated with people, plus she has an awesome accent.

So if you have any questions about me, you can go ahead and send them to me i will answer. I will also ask my kiddos what they want to know. So lets see what happens....maybe i will have some questions for you.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

If you have another mate with an accent, speak up now, otherwise I'll keep the big head I got reading that.

Harlin Family said...

I'm off facebook for a while but I'm still watching your blog. Keep writing....I love it!