Sunday, December 13, 2015

Babysitting, Cake, Music




I was leaving work the other day and the sun was setting. It was so lovely. My camera on my phone does not do it justice. There was a wind and the air was cold. It was a lovely. I sent this photo to my friend who is photographer. She does a much better job than I, but she said it was a lovely night. 



Jake came home one day and said to me he had some papers for me to look at. So he throws these two papers at me and walks away. He is a funny kid when others are around. He makes everyone laugh, but if the spotlight is really about him he is embarrassed. I met his teacher and his teacher stated he is one of the best kids he has in his class. No problems with Jake, in fact he is well behaved and very kind to everyone in the class. I like that kid. He hugs me when I need it the most. Maybe i am biased because he is my youngest and we went through quite the trial to get him here. The hubs says i hold him too close but we almost died together so i might just for a while longer, keep him close. 



 I went to work one Friday and came home to 5  more children in my house. Gratefully they were not of my loins which is fabulous. You are thinking did you take that picture 2 times of that baby on Laura and Johns lap??? Nope those are the cutest twinnies i have ever seen. Shaila(16mos) and Maila(16mos) so cute. Shane is asleep with Ryan(3) and in the other photo are big brothers Matthew(7) and Liam(5).  These photos were taken on Saturday. They came to hang out on Friday night and didnt go home till Saturday night. It was a joy to have them. Lots of work but still a joy. We gave their parents a much needed break and time together. They were well rested when they returned to pick up their brood. I fear they may need another break and my kids state they are ready for the challenge. Something cool about my kiddos, they are always willing to help, to serve when needed. I like that about them. Just ready to jump into it.

As a side note Makayla and Brenda came in late in the evening early morning when we kept the kids. Somehow John ended up in Lauras bed with one of the twins. Brenda came in about 3am and looked stunned at the bed and wondered why John had a Cabbage Patch doll,then the baby moved and she freaked out. I had texted her to tell her they were here. She was so tired she didnt remember. Funny story for the future. Those twinnies are so cute though just like Cabbage Patch dolls.

When they came to pick up their kiddos we were handed a gift in return:

They brought us red velvet cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. We looked at it for a couple of days then one night we pulled it out and cut thin pieces for everyone. It was so rich and delicious. I am not usually a fan of red velvet cake but this one was so good. It was a nice treat, we sliced it up thin enough for everyone to have 2 slices over 2 days. Yummy!!! A great payment....So reminder Cheesecake always welcome at the Henrie house.....



Sometimes I take random photos of my kids so i remember who they are and people can see them. I have decided to add myself into them as I am not happy about the way i look I figure my mums family has the right to see me. I know most of them look at this blog and probably wonder what i look like day to day so i am going to make a better effort. Also it is good for me, its helps me get over the inhibitions i have about myself and helps me become better?

This year has been a particularly difficult year as I look back. We have been blessed beyond compare in many ways. I cannot complain about how hard it has been.although it is sometimes difficult not too.  I have spent many nights this year in tears, in the arms of my hubs feeling despair, feeling his despair for our situations. At the same time through my frustrations seeing the gentle love of others bless my life. God has a hand in those precious moments. I have watched others take time out of their day to show me kindness, build me up, give me a gift (either small or large), take me to lunch, bring me lunch, kind words via text, facebook, lync(work) email. Not to mention gifts at our door when we didnt have what we needed and others didnt know or I stupidly put it on facebook. Love shown when it was most certainly not deserved, love when it was, kindness when I had not one ounce of kindness left in me. Encouragement from places and people whom i did not know. 

We have met new people this year, gained lifelong friends who have become a part of our family. I am farther away from all of my friends and am still struggling to find my spot in our new place. Sure I am YW president but people do not really know me. They know what i show, which is not much. It takes a good person to find the real me. We all have an outer appearance, what is yours? Does anyone know you? Do you want people to know you? I have a friend who knows me, she can text me and see through my crap even though she is not in the same state. Do you have someone like that?

I was feeling despair the other night and realized i didnt have anyone around. Nobody i would go to to just be me. It was very sad, all i could do was pray, pour my heart out to God. Tell him how sad I was, how frustrated I am with this stupid month of December, with the ignorance of people, the sorrow i feel for some...He answered me in other ways i cannot describe and would probably not tell anyone...NOPE not even you.Say what you will there are those who struggle constantly, its an everyday battle to smile, be happy and live life...but we keep trying, keep moving and attempting to love...its hard sometimes debilitating but we keep going. 


Now for some tunes Love the Josh Groban he has a smooth voice...

and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir maybe this will help with Christmas spirit.







No comments: