Sunday, December 20, 2015

Day off, sort of

Every so often we take a sunday and stay home. We do nothing but be together and just chill. Well i say chill but if anyone knows my hubs that is virtually impossible. He does not know how to sit around and relax. I admire that about him but as he had gotten older he is finding its harder to keep going when his body will not let him. Shane had a cancer scare a few years ago, which was taken care of rather quickly and easily, since then his body really has been telling him to slow down. He is a tough man and a hard worker. I love that about him. He is strong, talented, kind, smart and really good at all the endeavors to do. Right now he is the Elders Quorum president in our ward. It requires much of his time being with other Elders and taking care of the needs of others. He is very selfless so often others are not aware of what is happening in our family. I say things to others but people really never know what is going on.


sometimes he lets me do selfies with him. Even though he doesnt want to be on the internet i tell him too bad, people need to see you. I realize people need to see me too so there we are.

Today was a day i had been waiting for. About a year or more ago my sweet friend took some family photos of us. I was so excited. When i got my job at Ameriben i ended up in a cubie right next to a lovely lady who has become my Homie. We call each other Holmes, we both have a deep affection for Robert Downey Jr and he being Sherlock Holmes i think we just started calling each other Homie. Another Homie has joined us but i have already spoken of her. Hailey is her name and she is the most kind loving caring person I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. She is young and absolutely beautiful. Her soul is so kind. She offered to take photos of my family when we were ready. My family on the other hand...well lets say they were not excited about photos. So I have been working for a YEAR to find a time when the fam would all agree. Homie has been so gracious just waiting patiently. I hope our payment to her is enough. Today was the day, the weather held and we journeyed to the College of Idaho campus to take some photos. I am so excited to see them.

We came home we just sat around for a bit, but then this happened:





yes that is my family cooking and my husband is making another blanket. Another friend of ours gave us a bunch of old jeans so we will have another blanket or 2 in the next few weeks. Shane is off of work for a while and he will keep busy. Cant keep him still....

My house is cozy and warm, the weather is crappy out. My kids are happy, Brenda is slowly moving onward in life. Most times i only have 4 at home. Christmas is usually tough for me, being in our first home makes it feel a bit different. 



2 comments:

Harlin Family said...

I loved this post! The pictures of you and Shane are awesome. I'm happy to see more pictures of you. You definitely need to be documented in your life story! I can't wait to see the family pictures. Love you guys and have a Merry Christmas, first one in your new home! :)

Melissa said...

Ditto to Rachelle. Merry Christmas guys. Xx