Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Bread, Wilderness Survival, Boys

Sometimes when I come home from work I am really tired. I feel like I cannot do another thing. Tonight was a bit different. I decided its is cold outside, really cold. We have had quite the snap lately and its making our house cold. We have a wood stove but sometimes it is not enough. Oh we have a furnace as well but that is expensive.

Tonight i decided to make some bread. It is not the best bread i have ever had, but it will suffice for tonight. made my boys happy.
This is Jakes lap with peanut butter on his warm bread, in front of the fire. He has been cold lately so He opens the door and sits with it open. Weird kid if you ask me. 


John just swallowed a mouth full of bread and butter and enjoys every minute. I couldnt get a photo of Shane he was done with half a loaf before i got to him. 

Speaking of weirdos they decided to cook outside over the long Thanksgiving weekend. My boys are working on their merit badges wilderness survival is one of them. So he cooked outside. They dug a pit and made a spit for chicken and put their veggies and potatoes in aluminum foil. 



They also decided to make a lean too on the tree out back that Shane was cutting down. It was a huge pine and they made a lean too at the base of the tree it was huge. 



My boys are really amazing. They are crafty and work hard to get those merit badges, they both want to be Eagle scouts before they are 14. They can do it. It is great to see them working so hard on something they enjoy. 

Love my boys. 


No comments: