Saturday, November 28, 2015

Makayla is 17

Makayla turned 17 a bit ago. Her birthday is on the 19th of November. She is a great girl. I am not the greatest of mothers, I am not huggy or touchy feely, its a tough thing for me. I work very hard it but it is a weird thing for me. Makayla and I have been on a long hard road. She has had a not so easy life with a lot of illnesses and chronic issues. This year has been just as much of a problem as the last few. Her strength is amazing. She works very hard at her job. I am not surprised that she is so successful in all that she does as she works so hard. 

Every year on the childrens birthday we let them have what they want for a birthday dinner. Her choice this year was clam chowder BUT we found an awesome deal on ribs and so ribs it was. She was pretty excited. 




She also got a new pillow, something she has been wanting for a while. She is a well deserving girl.




We also did her hair. She does not ask for many things. She asks for me to color her hair and cut it. I try to do the best I can for her. I wish I could give her more.




 There is a special young man out there who someday will give her everything her heart desires. She is treasuring herself, waiting for that man, working hard. She is discovering herself. Finding the talents that make her amazing.

She is a mechanic at heart and can work on a car like no bodies business. She deals with constant illness, eczema (sometimes very painful on her hands), tired from working late nights getting up and going to school. She gets really good grades, this is a struggle in itself. 

Makayla has been thrown the trials of the world and yet she overcomes with joy and happiness. She is generally always happy and makes everyone around her happy. She loves people even when they do her wrong or treat her badly. She defends her family to the ends of the earth. She is an amazing girl I cannot say enough about her. She makes me smile. Through all, I cannot imagine having a more wonderful daughter. I love you girl, (i would include your nicknames but not allowed!) 


1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love her. Thanks for this post.