Sunday, March 13, 2016

Bread of life, Bottom to Top

As I am sitting here on a Sunday afternoon thinking of my life I realize that i dont have enough time to do what I want. I want to go to the movies, I want to go shopping(surprise to those who know me), I want to have an awesome car and computer. But really i dont NEED most of that. I needed some bread yesterday so I made some
This bread came out so good, I was so proud of myself. Most of it is gone...sad super sad. I was hoping to have some for work this week to have for lunch. Never works the way I expect. I also made some soup. Laura has not been feeling well and so i thought she needed some chicken soup. We had soup and sammies for dinner. It was nice to have a low key night.

This afternoon i went with Brenda and Skyler to have our sweet friend do some engagement photos. Nothing is more strange then watching your daughter kiss the young man who is going to be her husband. It was strange to watch, although seeing Skyler look at her and calm her down and treat her the way she should be, was amazing. He is a good man who is taking great care with her. She has had such a struggle in herself for the last year or so it has been difficult to have it all make sense. As I look back over what has happened to her she has been blessed beyond all measure to have this man show up for her. It would seem he just appeared when she was almost at the bottom. This man has come into her life at a time when she needed someone the most. I am grateful...so grateful. More grateful that Skyler is willing to be in our family. He takes us as we are and has come to be a part of us. It is nice. My goal as a mother is to make sure my children feel like i love the ones they have chosen. I know what it is like to be on the other end and trying to have someone like you. It is not my place to choose their spouses, it is my place to love and encourage to better things.

I hope to have some photos soon. I told Brenda my blog is a photo blog and I have to have the photos. So I am hoping in the next week or so to have new photos. I love photos. I am grateful to know people who can capture life and its joy and loveliness.

How about you? What do you do to save the moments in your family? Blogging is so easy, you can make it private so nobody sees it or make it public. Every year you can print a nice little book with all the photos and posts and have it as a family heirloom...work on it...




No comments: