Sunday, March 6, 2016

England, Scotland, Wedding

Over the past few months i have been planning something glorious. Some people know about it. To others this will be a surprise. My daughters and I have been given a gift of wonderful proportions. We get to go to England for a few weeks this summer. I have waited a while to say anything as the inner workings were not all set up. Now, things are underway and  it looks like the trip is a go.

I have worked out a plan with some of my family in England to travel with my 3 girls to meet my mothers family. My girls are beyond excited. The deal is they have to pay for part of the trip and their passports. A few weeks ago the passports were done and sent off to the State Department. 

As an aside....we went to get the passports and Shane had to be there for Laura as she is not 16 yet. Both parents had to be there. Now Shane is quite the redneck and does not like people much let alone anyone who works for the US Government. It was a struggle for him to be there. I dont think he notices the photo of our current president on the wall either. Probably a good thing! If you have never had a passport done you have to swear an oath of sorts to the worker. That part was not fun for Shane. He struggles with any government things. 

Well anyway, have had quite a bit of chatter back and forth with my uncle aunt and cousin to get all things figured out. We will be gone for about 2 weeks mid summer. We are super excited. I think the best part of the trip will be seeing all of my aunts and uncles. Aside from my uncle Ron and aunt Iris and cousin Heather, I have not seen any of them since i was a small child. It is going to be exciting and fun. 

I had to request the time off from work really early like in December. Brenda is working on figuring out her time off as well. Laura and Makayla have a bit of a different schedule with a bit more freedom. We have been working hard at figuring everything out. The most exciting part is the passports have finally arrived so the next step is making sure to get the tickets at a reasonable price. So to my Scotland family and all those who are wanting to meet me, Brenda, Makayla and Laura we will be in England and journey to Scotland as well to meet everyone. I am beyond excited. We have been discussing what to eat first. its going to be great.

OH also we will be bringing along a fine young man named Skyler who at the time of our journey will be Brendas husband. Yes news to everyone. Brenda is getting married on May 6th to a great guy who makes her very happy. I really dont have much to post about this right now. There are so many things to do over the next few months ok 11 weeks. The best part of all the planning is that we found THE dress yesterday. Its lovely on her. I thought I would be more emotional about it but I wasnt. Its all good. maybe when i see her go off with him I will feel different.  More news to come on that.

Life is full of changes and this year life is smoothing out. I hope it stays smooth....



5 comments:

Melissa said...

Best post I've read in a while. So pumped for everyone.

malitaylor said...

Awesome! So happy for Brenda and can't wait to hear qut your trip.💖

SherryT said...

How fun for you to visit your Moms family. Very jealous by the way. And Brenda married how can that bee she isn't old enough. LOL May 6 is my birthday by the way. Good day for a wedding. What temple?

Ann Cline said...

Oh Moira!! what fun how exciting!! Please keep your blog up i will be thrilled to keep up with your two journey's at once. Hugs to Brenda and wow congrats

Harlin Family said...

I just want to scream, "AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" So exciting, all of it! This is going to be a good year for the Henries!! :)