Saturday, September 10, 2016

Photos, John (sick again), Content

Since my father in law died we have been working on cleaning out the house. My mother in law is currently residing at a rehab facility as she had some surgery and needs quite a bit of rehab. In turn we have been spending quite a bit of extra time cleaning and sorting. Shane came across this collage, above, and thought i would like it. Of course it brought so many memories. i couldnt believe how little they were and how much i want to pinch some cheeks. Brenda said how fat she looked and Jake was in awe at how small he was. Laura is laura and John well he is my little one in that photo. Funny how they grow before our eyes and sometimes we dont see it until we are reminded that they were once babies.

I have found that i love having photos done of my kids. I love the time the photographer puts into editing and showing their personalities. i am not a fan of my own photos but i try to be in some. I know its important to the kids to have me in them.

Speaking of my kids. This last few weeks has been a horrible road for us. Sometimes i wonder why things go so smoothly then BAM crap hits the fan. So John had not been feeling well for a bit. He stayed home from school last friday (weekend of Labor day). There was some throw up and fever and poo...yucky poo. I noticed that he would feel better then get yucky again. By monday he seemed to be fine until monday night and it all came back. He went to school the next day and went home and on Wednesday i took him to the dr. The dr sent us directly to the ER. He was excited to get his first IV, i told him that it certain ly was not his first.

Turns out he had been in quite a bit of pain level 8 for days. The dr gave him ibuprofen super strength, but it didnt touch the pain. So he got some morphine. Needless to say he loved it. Made him feel really good. They did an ultra sound and found nothing going on in his gut. So a CT scan it was. The result was that he has either a bacterial or viral infection of his lymphs on the right side of his body which is creating infection in the gut, hence throw up, cramping and poo....So it is probably rotovirus or some other crappy virus. He has a medication for cramps, one for nausea, and our favorite Prednisone (steroid) for the swelling. So he is now recovering and we are in cleaning mode. Cleaning and disinfecting everything and i mean EVERYTHING. He will be fine but it has been tiring. I think everyone in the house has had some form of the poo thing. I know too much information, but bleach is a good friend.

So my sleep is not that great, Shane has been trying to get himself back in a groove after the heath of his father and all of the work that entails. In the mean time Laura has been looking for a job and had not had much luck when finally she got a job. Here is to hoping she starts next week. Between Shane and I there has not been much sleep and we have been working hard on not getting at each others throats. It has been difficult but we are doing great. He has been a great support to me over the last 20 years. I am glad to have him with me. 

So today i finally have some down time and i am just sitting watching shows and enjoying being here. We have a wedding to go to tonight so an easy afternoon is nice. I am pretty content right at this very moment. What about you? Are you content? and what do you do when you arent...when life brings you piles of poo what do you do? 

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great seeing you tonight. So glad you're gonna be in Boston soon xxx