Sunday, October 9, 2016

Other Newlyweds, Old Port, Jason

I have written before about my brother Jacob. I love him so much. He and I have generally always been close. When he got into some trouble we kept in contact better. He is the kindest most gentle person i have ever met or had the pleasure to know in my life. I am more grateful that i have a son who is a lot like him. Interestingly enough that son of mine has the same name. It is a joy to have such peaceful loving presences in my life.

About a month ago Jake sent me a text with a photo of the girl he wanted to marry. I was so thrilled for him. A few weeks later, i got another text that he had married that beauty!!! Well it was a surprise but i was overjoyed for him. I am so grateful he has someone to love him, understand him and support him. Just so happened i made my trip to Boston and extra day long so that I could go up to Maine and see him. I wanted to meet this lovely lady. I was so excited to be able to drive to Maine and look at the trees. I love the beauty of Maine...and Dunkin Donuts. Off Sarah and I went and met up with Jake and his girl.


Jake and Shanna. looking so happy. 

Jake is as bad as my own kids, I can rarely get a photo of him not being silly. 
Lucky for him he has sisters that love him...


Sarah and I wanted an iconic photo of the Old Port area as usual. Walking down town is so nice. I miss the days when there werent so many tourists but its still lovely. 

As we were walking i noticed this street. Shane at one point had to work underneath this street. They tore up all the cobble stones one by one and Shane worked (with his company) on the pipes below the street. You couldnt tell that it had ever been disturbed....the cobblestones were all put back exactly there they were taken from. Historical streets...who knew. 

As i turned around there was the road going directly to the water. There is the ocean. I could smell it. So Shanna and Jake took us the loveliest spot to take a photo. 

LOOK AT HOW AMAZING THIS PHOTO IS!! We were in an alley it was so great. This is where we took the photos of Jake and Shanna. I wanted to stand there forever.


We had business to attend to...we met up with our step brother Jason. I hadnt seen Jason since Malcolms funeral. I miss him a ton. He is, always has been, quite close to my heart. He has 2 beautiful daughters who are extraordinarily adorable. It was nice to sit for a while with all of us and catch up. I forgot how much fun we have together. How much joy and support we bring each other. I think between us all we have each had not the best of times over the last few years but when we are together it all melts away and we find solace in each other. Without even knowing I saw the troubles of the world melt away. We laughed until we almost cried and felt love that we had all needed. 

I was so sad to come home but Sarah and I got to spend some time alone that night. I had originally planned to stay with overnight with someone, but Sarah and i decided that we needed to just sleep. So we found a hotel and split the bill and passed out. We were so tired from the entire weekend. Our voices were starting to go...we started sounding like Selma and Thelma from the Simpsons. 

We picked up Shanna the next day and took her to Boston, she had to go to Europe for her work, she works in the Beer industry and it was Octoberfest. We got to spend a few hours with her and found that we love her so much. She fits right in our crazy family. Oh and at the airport.....
You wanna know i sat and ate another 2 donuts before my flight.....



No comments: