Friday, May 19, 2017

Crap, Sale, Photos

I dont know if you  know this but there is a new season of Sherlock on Netflix....I wouldnt mind if you stopped reading and went and watched it right now. Dont forget to come back though. Also, my house is full to the brim of CRAP...i am serious, CRAP. Ok i might be a bit dramatic but it feels like i cant move in here.

My father in law died late last summer and we are now cleaning out the house my in laws lived in. My mother in law(mil) has been living with my sister in law for the last 9 months. She has had some set backs, medically, which have really knocked her down. Finally she is ready to work through the 50 years of things she and her hubby had and figure out what to keep and what not to keep. I cannot imagine having to do that job. Just watching has made me realize stuff doesnt really mean that much at all. Seriously what are you going to do with a set of dishes you keep in a box and never take out? You cant take it with you, there is nothing tangible about it. Maybe there is if you are connected to it because you miss a person. Would must be why I keep a skirt and a shirt that was my mothers? Of course they are hidden away and i do not take them out much but when i do, my soul leaps just a bit to think of her love for me. Again though, 50 years of stuff...a lot of it is in my house. We have been selling most of the items from their house as there was not much money left for my mil to work with.

So flash forward to our house this week...my house is full to the brim inside and in the garage....BUT tomorrow is the sale and maybe life can get back to normal. I am glad we are able to help my mil out, she brings the children cereal and milk, they are happy. I have been thinking about how where we live affects how we feel and behave. I am not the best housekeeper by any means, I like my house to be comfy and cozy. At some point i would like to have cleaner rooms and heavens a clean toilet (and the part around the toilet, what is that about?) Someday, someday....I have been in many homes and all of them so different, i often wish i were a better decorator but I am not. So i deal with what i have and try to make it nice. Also, i dont like dusting....its horrible. With a wood stove in our house there is a fair amount of dust.

I have been taking photos lately. I made a promise to myself this year that i would take photos with me in them with the kids. So on Sundays at least 2 times a month i take one of all of us, then try to take random ones with the kids.....

Beginning of May 


I love it when my children all lay on their dad. He lays on the floor for his back and they all want to be beside him, even the dog. It makes my heart happy and full to know they still want to be with their dad.

Brenda comes over every once in a while and her tummy is so cute. She has about 11 weeks to go at this point and the kids are super excited. Every time she is over Jake is very careful with her and wants to touch her belly but rarely asks. I make sure he has a chance too. He is very excited to have this boy come. 
This one makes me chuckle...belly photo for all

Mid May photo...Shane was being weird...they all like to make faces. 

Then one of me and him..after 22 years it is nice to still hang out with him.

So how about you? Do you keep up with Sherlock...come on you know you are thinking about going to watch it...and your house do you keep the really important things, or more? And if you are a mom are you taking photos with your kids? I have been really bad at it but we have great technology now...do it...

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I feel stupid taking a picture on my own but feel better with someone else. I think it's great. Good luck with the sale.