Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Tulips, Bullets in the Wash, My Children

So it has been a while, mostly because my urge to write is not there, also because a lot of things have been going on: so here is a random dump of stuff

John went to his first Stake Dance(its a church dance for 14-18 year olds). He really enjoyed himself and had a great time. The few days before he worked outside with his dad and wasnt feeling that great. I noticed as well he had a nice cough. It was glorious. Either way he got dressed went to the dance with one of the other young men and had a great time because there was pizza. yes you read that correctly PIZZA, mostly all he could eat. Of course he said there were some nice looking girls but pizza overrode the pizza. He cant wait for the next one. He has a couple of older young men who drive and will take him so that is nice.

Oh the cough, within a day or 2 the boy had bronchitis and has been struggling ever since. Shane has been working hard on the yard and creating quite a beautiful place for us around here. The boys have been working with him day and night. I have fridays off so i have been trying to make sure to have some good food for them, they have been requesting pizza. I finally found a good recipe for home made pizza they enjoy and i am certainly grateful for the Dollar Store that is down the road. I can find everything from pizza sauce to pepperoni sadly no cheese. BUT the grocery is just across the street...Pizza for some reason is a running theme...with the boys.



I have these beautiful tulips in my front yard. they are right by the front of the house. I am not sure we are keeping them so i took some photos. They are a lovely bright red. I love looking at them. 

So one morning i left late for work and decided to hit McDonalds and get a breakfast sammie. I was sitting there and a duck just found a nice spot to sit, right next to me. I sat for as long as i could just watching and took a photo. It was a nice way to start the morning. 
Sometimes on my drive to work the sky is lovely. I am sometimes in awe of the beauty of the world, i have been trying to take more time to be more grateful for those things. 
My fridays are full of laundry, cooking and cleaning. Sometimes strange things come out of the washer. Often i find bullets in the laundry. Its interesting, i often wonder how many times bullets have gone through the laundry. Just goes to show how random my house. There are a ton of crazy things going on all the time. Lately the boys have been working with dad but also finding ways to really have a good time while doing it. He has worked them very hard. They both have been going strong for the last few weeks, Jake has been dealing with some allergies and John has been dealing with Bronchitis. It has been so rough. He just gets better then he hits a wall and he is down again.

On one of Johns most sick days his dad was there to give him a priesthood blessing. It was short sweet and to the point. It relieved some of Johns aches and pains, he seemed to take a few more days to recover but he is doing well now. There is a sweet peace in our home with the priesthood around. Knowing we can call on Heaven anytime we need and knowing that Heavenly Father will listen and answer is so comforting
. It certainly makes for a nice home. I am blessed to have 3 great priesthood holders in my home. More grateful to have my husband who works so hard to be the man he is. He works so hard at becoming better everyday. His evolution as a father, husband and a man is something which has been a pleasure to watch over the past 22 years. I love being with him more and more every year.

These are my other 2 priesthood holders who have worked so hard with their dad over the past few weeks on our yard. They are amazing strong unbelievable boys. They have hearts of gold, always thinking of their dad and making sure dad has all he needs. I am amazed at the grace and honor they give to their dad. I am so grateful they feel that way about him. Shanes dad was a hard man and his goal was to be different, he is accomplishing that. These boys will work just as hard, just as long as Shane does. Of course they are annoying teens, who smell sometimes and often get mouthy but in general they have a humility that surpasses other boys. I am their mother so i say these things cause i am...their mother, but i hear it often from others. On the day of this photo John was ill (again) and Jake was doing things to make him laugh, at 6:30 in the morning. Having kindness and love for one another is a good trait. 

Almost nightly Jake uses a massager to massage Shanes tired legs and back. He is a bit of a devil about it (sometimes he complains) but he does it till Shane falls asleep, while John makes sure his dad has clean socks, pants and a shirt for work the next day. Its the small things that make your kids kind and humble. They make my heart soft. The girls say the boys are my favorites, especially Jake, but they are not. They are all my favorite in different ways. Each one of the children have in some way made me a better person. As they grow and become better humans, i am blessed to know them. I would hope they are better than I, stronger than I, more humble than I. They already have stronger faith in God than I, Stronger testimony in God, Church, tithing, humility than I...

I hope someday to grow up and be like them,..my children...i have a long way to go. 




1 comment:

sistaht26 said...

I love you Moira! Thanks for being a positive influence in my life. You are a wonderful mother, wife, sister, and friend. Thanks for sharing your insights with us.