Friday, December 29, 2017

Foo Fighters With John

One time John and I went to see the Foo Fighters. It was amazing, one of the best times ever. One of my sweet friends kindly gave Brenda 2 tickets for her baby shower. Unbeknownst to us Brendas sweet husband bought 2 tickets as well. So we had John earn the money to pay for one of the tickets (mostly to help out his sister and her family). Not to mention it is important for kids to work for what they want.

Anyway, as a bit of fun we had John earn the money then for his birthday we gifted the ticket to him and had him keep his money. He then put it in his mission fund. I sort of like that kid. I mean seriously 15 years old and he takes $80 and puts it in his mission fund when he could really go and do anything he wants with it. I know I say it a lot but my kids always surprise me. My boys are attached at the hip all the time. Sure they fight sometimes but mostly they just jab each other. I am most grateful the Heavenly Father saw fit to give us Jakob. I fear to see what Johns life would have been like without his brother. It surely brings joy to this mums heart.

here are my photos from the Foos with John.....










They arent in any particular order, he was enamored the entire concert. The original seats we were in had some people behind us who were sitting....literally SITTING DOWN, how does this happen when Dave Grohl comes on stage? I spotted a few seats closer to the stage area and moved us there along with Brenda and Skyler, we ended up together the entire concert. It was so much fun. Brenda and I screamed our heads off, Sky sang a long, and John stood there excited, too excited to speak or move or anything. 

He got some money to get a t-shirt and every once in a while he says to me "Mumma, remember that one time we went to see the Foo Fighters?" I just say "Yes buddy it was amazing". We did end up leaving early, they went off stage and they came back for an encore, we did not stay for the encore. I had already worked 40 hours and i was exhausted. 

Best time ever...with my boy...Foo Fighters, Probably will be my last concert though for a long while. It was amazing, but i am moving to other things. Probably will find other ways to find enjoyment. Glad Foos closed out my concert life.....but then never say never...

No comments: