Sunday, July 13, 2014

Craptastic to New Journey

****I wrote this at the end of last week so be aware we have known about this move since 2 weeks ago****

I said I would update a friend about my Craptastic life at the moment so here goes. Beware there may be tears, anger, frustration, then possibly some elation along with then more tears....who knows but as I have been told I seem to have some sort of prolific way of writing. I am not sure what that means but eh guess I am good at something....(I know don't freak out I am good at other stuff)

Life in the Henrie home seems to go along as normal then by some crazy notion there is an explosion of crap....it all started a few weeks ago when my sister told me she had lost her baby. She was about 20 weeks and had to go through the horror of giving birth to little tiny Rosie and not being able to have a live little one. My sadness was indescribable but mostly because I love my sister so much and I cannot imagine the pain of not having a beautiful baby. She is a great mother and makes just as glorious children and I know she is going to be fine but it was a long ordeal and I wished to be with her. I know that she was aware of my constant thoughts of her. Her husband is amazing and has taken great care of her, along with her beauties.

As that was settling down Shane made a trip to the ER for something which I am not at liberty to discuss right now (he doesn't like me talking about him on the blog...I tell him not to worry nobody reads it except Melissa anyway( I love you Milz)) So we figure out whats up with him, its nothing major just annoying. Life is gonna chill right....NOPE not so much.

Then Sunday morning (July 6th) about an hour before church starts I get a text that we are being evicted from our home we live in. YUP welcome to the crap fest people. So we get a TEXT people, not even the balls to come and talk to us. Well I must say that Shane can look scary but he is not, he is a good man who will only kill you if necessary. What a whirlwind, what do we do? The land lord says to us if you get out in a week you don't have to pay rent for July we say oookkkkaaayyy?!!! and then we look at each other and say are you insane...........WAIT I have to back up

Makayla had been sick the few days before this happened, found fleas all over her bed...good stuff thanks dogs...and she is allergic to EVERYTHING so life was sucking for her. We also had to get rid of her bed. so that is outside just hanging by the fence.

ANNNND to top that off Jake got sick for 2 days throw up everywhere he gets better and Laura comes down with it.

By Wednesday night we fortunately found a place to live. We had come home from a journey to look at houses it was late, i checked Craigslist one more time and there was the house. At 930pm we went to see it and i was the best thing I had ever seen. I knew the moment we set foot in the house that we were meant to be there. I even cried as I stepped out on the back patio with the landlord. I couldnt hold back the rush of peace and emotion that I felt. It is not our forever home by any means but it is the next stop off. So the moving process began....as of this writing we are half way done moving to the other house in Meridian.

Oh ya i forgot to mention the house is in Meridian. 2 blocks from Meridian High School great for Makayla as she wants to take a mechanics course. Its one of the best ones in the Valley and that is going to be great. It will certainly give her a leg up in life because she will graduate with a certificate. I am excited for that. We couldnt have found a better place for her. This house puts us in another stake (again) far away from the little ward we are in here. I am sad, I will miss everyone, I am sad, but yet excited. The kids feel its the right place to go to so that is comforting to me.

The craptastic can sometimes turn to the fabulous. Sometimes it can still stay crappy. I know that life is hard, that life is full of frustration, anxiety whatever, but we are not given too much. Does it seem like that? It sure does. This week I have felt that I cannot take one more thing, not one more thing, and yet I seem to have made it through everyday. I have spent a lot of time crying, praying, pondering on what to do. Shane has had more of his fair share of frustration as well. He has had to deal with my crying (something that really frustrates him as he cannot fix it) But also he has taken the reigns as the father of our family to make sure we are safe and taken care of. The one thing I asked of him was that he would always take care of us...again he has proven his unconditional love for our children and me.

Sometimes we have to follow the Spirit, little voice, guide...whatever you call it. Following it will bring peace in your life. Following that voice gives me the peace that we have made the best decision for our family. It took me a long time to realize the love of the Savior in all parts of my life. I am so grateful for His loving guidance. I am grateful for the ability I have to comfort those around me. I am grateful for my sister and her strength. I know she does not believe as I do but I feel so much for her. I love her and envy her strength. I feel the same of my brother who called me in the midst of the mess just to tell me how much he loves me and that he is there for me, whatever I need. My sister Sarah took my angry day and let me yell, scream, cry and be just plain angry. She took the time to tell me that we are going to be ok, we always have been. She told me to not worry but take a few minutes for myself and just relax. I received the same support from my parents as well.

So here is to a new journey for our family....you know how to find me.....I will be blogging

5 comments:

Harlin Family said...

I read you blog and love it. I 'm glad you started it so we can keep up with your family after you move. That means you have to keep up on the post right! No pressure! ;) Love you guys and wish you the best. I'm glad your kids feel like it is the right place. You have great kids!

Melissa said...

Holy crap Moira. Your poor sister. Man my heart aches for her. Rosie is a sweet, sweet name for a sweet, sweet girl. So sad man. I wish I could hug her.
I'm glad you like your place. It sucks for me though if I'm speaking truth. What am I going to do?
Thank goodness for blogs. I'm going to miss you. I DO read every post. Cause I'm that kinda friend.

Unknown said...

Wow, serious poop. I will pray for a looooong period of calm before any more craptastic events. And, I'd still like to see you when the dust settles....maybe next year? just kidding..can I bring you a meal? Or a lemonade?

Unknown said...

What??? You are moving??? I can't handle it! I am so so so sad! But it sounds like it will be a great place for your little family. We will miss you like crazy! And hugs to your cute sister. So so sorry for her loss.

Carly G. said...

I'm so sorry for your crazy week and I am so sad you guys are moving :( Guess I will have to stalk your blog from now on...