Friday, July 25, 2014

Disappointment Hiding and Fun

You know what is nice? Using my kids shavers and shaving gel that is nice!!! Ya will Brenda be freaked out by this, sure...do I care...not really. Man, I think of all the years she has used my crap and its like payback in the shower. Sometimes she has this really nice body soap and a loofa thingy...yup I use those too...

Why do I bring this up? well I found this in my fridge today
 
that my friends is cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. It would seem the boy my daughter dates has come through on all of the threats I have put out there and tried to win me over. Well little does he know this will have to now be a thing....granted he is leaving for a bit on a mission but I think if you want to marry my kid you should buy me over. Heck...I would take a nice piece of cheesecake after a really awesome shower with someone else's shower crap any day....SERIOUSLY wouldn't you?? Come on moms!! I know you hide in the closet to eat chocolate chips (Tara) and lie to the kids about the yummy food around (Carly). Others hide their cookies in the freezer thinking their kids aren't going to find them (Dorri, might want to rethink that hiding place they are getting older, just sayin) Mine are a bit older I have to do other things.
 
 
In all reality though if I don't do things like this when will they learn disappointment? Life is full of it I mean look at my house right now
this is the front room....the kids have been sleeping there because there is nothing else anywhere else.
don't believe me?



There isn't even a tv in our house right now. The kids have been cleaning this place for 2 weeks. I am sure they would love a break (and probably some good pizza)...and they are sad they are leaving, life is full of disappointment but it is what you make it. We have found ways to have fun and make it enjoyable.

This move has surprised us a bit, well a lot,  but I am grateful for my hubs and his money planning. He has prepared us for such an occurrence and we can come out of it ok. I am so much more grateful for those who support and love us in all ways (D, I love you more than you know, your calls are so needed when they happen). This week is the last week in this house and it has been a great ride over the last 2ish years. Many ups and downs and I cannot imagine our life without people who have come with us on that ride. Our Henrie life is a little strange (come on have you seen my hubs beard?) BUT all in all we have a good time wherever we are.

So what about you? Disappointment, frustration, aggravation whatever you call it, how do you make it through? Who helps you make it through and what do you do to make it fun, to laugh, to find time to have joy? If you are at this spot figure it out, man...get some joy and steal yourself away to a closet (heck if I were as small as Tara I would go in a closet too!) Which reminds me new picts of my closet coming soon....I can hide in that one....

Go find some laughter and make life fun...even if you are full of disappointment and frustration!


2 comments:

Melissa said...

I never knew this about Tara. Interesting hahaha
Your new place looks great man. I'm glad things are going well and you have thoughtful friends.

Unknown said...

I'm hiding in the pantry right now, snacking on chocolate chips and catching up on your blog! Ha! Miss ya!