Tuesday, August 5, 2014

A bunch of stuff compiled into one.....

I don't have any new pictures yet of the new house. There is far too much happening, far too much....




 
Shane and I needed some time alone before we moved. We went to our regular date area and walked around and he took a picture with me. It was a nice walk. Often we go for a walk in some of the parks around in Boise. Its nice to have time to just talk, well he is a talker, he talks a lot. I am not a huge talker. It often takes him a bit to find out what I am thinking. Takes me a bit to formulate and get out what I want to say but it all works out.
 




This is John when he got home from Scout camp. Jake thought it would be fun to put another mattress on top of him to see if he would wake up. Well he didn't...he was so exhausted but had a great time. He loved being Tyson Harlins "son" for the week. It made him so happy. I haven't seen him this exhausted in a long time. I think Tyson can be his dad when ever he needs another boy at his house. Tyson has 4 boys already so adding another would be great right???
 




This is my wonderful niece Julia and her husband Owen. They got sealed on Aug 2nd it was so nice to be with them and see how much they love each other. Julia and Owen got married at the courthouse a year ago, they worked together to get to the temple this year. It has been a wonderful year for them. I have been in awe of Julia since she was at my wedding as a little girl. She is a very beautiful woman who has grown into her own and become strong and wonderful. Her husband is amazing and so protective of her. It is a delight to see the love they have for each other.

This little guy is my nephew Thomas' boy Jaden. I put him here because he is delicious and my nephew and his beautiful wife Barbara have made such a wonderful boy. Watching him last Saturday made me realize how wonderful little ones are. Barbara and Thomas have made an amazing family, I am excited to see the next installment of their family.

As a side note I have found that life is a never ending ride that just seems to always moves to some drum that I don't know about. I have been thinking lately about joy and what it means. I have found lately that I don't want negative people in my life. I have to limit my time with those who suck me dry. I am tired and get grumpy when I have constantly deflect the anger and ignorance of others. Life is a bunch of hard choices and unfortunately the hard choices suck but I hang with a pretty cool guy who supports me and is with me when I have to make the hard choices. He makes my life happy and I am glad of it. I look at Jaden and know that we made some cool kids as well. I have to protect them from the ignorance but at the same time teach them how to protect themselves.

Enough of that....find joy and get rid of the crap in your life...no need to keep junk around....live life and enjoy it.....



2 comments:

Harlin Family said...

I like the words of wisdom, "Get rid of the crap in your life." Great words of advice...it's hard to do sometimes. BTW, Tyson loved hanging out with John for a week. He is a great boy...you have great kids! :)

Melissa said...

Miss you already.