Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Sleep, family, gifts

Last night I came home and went to bed. I was tired. Ever have those days? Tired? Just plain worn out. So I was laying there hoping for sleep and as often happens I dont go to sleep right off. I often have to lay there and just try to think of other things like fields with birch trees surrounding me on a bed of moss. Seems a bit wishy washy but its a good memory i have of my Grammy Fernald. This memory came from a time when my mom was sick and I got to walk through the woods with Gram. She was an amazing woman.

Eventually I went to a fitful sleep and was that way most of the night. Not sure what is on my mind maybe just figuring out life. Life is full of crazy days and sometimes fitful nights, but in the end its not a bad gig.

All that hum drum being said what follows are some pictures of our moving celebration. Whenever we move we usually have pizza but this time the kiddos wanted burgers. So burgers it was. Plus a mess of fries. Also added a couple of pictures of the house. No room pictures, they will come soon. These were minus Brenda who seems to be doing her own college/work/life thing. Like I said life is a crazy ride. Often we dont have have any idea of the path we are on.






There are no pictures on the walls, I havent decided yet if I am going to. Its not a place we are going to stay for a long time just hang here for a bit. So why put anything up?

One good thing about moving is you can clean out your stuff. I found that we gather lots of stuff, do we really need it? Not really sure its nice to have but if you have to store it all is it worth it? What if what you have can bring joy to someone else? Even if it is something that is precious to you.

This is my beautiful friend Dana. She and I have somehow become sisters. Through a series of unfortunate of events Dana and I are connected at the heart strings. 20+ years ago my Gran Thomson brought me a beautiful bowl. I have cherished this bowl for years. It has set on a shelf collecting dust, not being used. I was too afraid to use it. Dana lost her husband a few years ago and her handsome sons are getting married off. I had it in my mind to give her this bowl a few years ago, but never had the chance. I found a time to give it to her, here are her words:
♡ My bonnie Scottish sister Moira Henrie gave me this beautiful Edinburgh Crystal bowl "just out of the blue" on the day of Gunnar & Paige's wedding reception. I was mega stressing over all the final preparations I was trying to do and I was deeply missing my Wardo far beyond words. I "happened" to bump into Moira at her work where I was hoping to grab 2 more tablecloths that I seemed to be lacking. As I walked into the store, Moira was standing near the front doors. We hugged and said "Hi" like we always do. She told me she had something special she had been wanting to give me for quite some time (like for 2 years) and that she actually happened to have it with her so we walked out to her car. She told me the history behind the surprise; a gift from her Scottish grandmother, but Moira had decided a while ago that she wanted me to have it. When Moira handed me the long-awaited gift, I recognized it right away. "I LOVE Edinburgh Crystal!! It's my haggis bowl!" I squealed joyfully! ; ) I was stunned! Tears began to fill my eyes.I knew from that moment on that all would be well that evening. It was my sign!! (I do get them every now and then.) Of all the days over the past 2 years that Moira could have given me this beautiful crystal bowl, the perfect day was that VERY day! Of course we cried together in the parking lot! We didn't care who saw us! Moira, thank you my sweet thoughtful friend! I will always treasure your special gift and will take great care of it! Your timing was impeccable! ; ) I love you, my treasured Sister! ♡

I can only hope that my Thomson family would understand. The bowl was a treasured gift, given at a time in my life when I needed her love. I know she brought it at a time that was followed by a dark period of my life. For my husband now that bowl was attached to that time. I am grateful to give it to someone who will treasure it and love it as much as i did/do. By the way here is her handsome son Gunnar and his bride Paige dressed in their wedding best looking amazing.....(I hope you dont mind Gunnar and Dana) 


So think of the stuff you have can someone benefit from your stuff...can someone else enjoy the things which mean the most to you? Maybe its just your time, just you....

2 comments:

Harlin Family said...

Love the updates. The house looks like a nice one. Hope your settling in.

Unknown said...

Love you Ms Moira! ♡