Friday, August 15, 2014

My Boy

This is my boy when he was born. I was so excited to finally be having a boy for daddy. Life was exciting. I certainly did not make a good pregnant woman. When I went to the dr for my visit at 34 weeks there was an issue with my blood pressure. Sure I was pretty sick, I felt like garbage and was really tired. I had gained a ton of water weight in the previous week (i say a ton but really 5 pounds, its a ton trust me). I had a constant headache which no matter how hard I tried it wouldnt go away. BUT i was having a boy and we were excited.

I went to the dr the next week and the dr kindly told me to go to the hospital and call Shane to come hang out with me so they could do some tests. Little did I know how sick I really was. Within 2 hours I had a baby boy. My first C-section and I was ok with that...did you know you get some good drugs with that? Man i am not a drug user, but for a day or two it was nice to have a bit of a respite. Within a few hours I knew something was wrong. They would not let me see him or hold him. Apparently, the boy couldnt breathe and was having some difficulty keeping his O2 levels where they needed to be.

John Thomas was 7lbs and 3oz when he was born all those weeks early. Yup, a monster really. Beastly for a kid going to the NICU. He had to be trucked to another hospital for a few weeks and life for me got crazy. I have some other pictures but it is still hard to look at them, even after 12 years.

My boy has grown over the years. This year my beautiful friend Rachelle took some awesome pictures of our family. She took some great ones of my boys. So since today is about John here are my favorite ones. OK all of them were my favs so I couldnt choose.





this last one make almost sad. I can see him growing up and becoming a man. He has been working on deciding to get the priesthood or not. He says he is ready. It is a big commitment but watching him and knowing how much he loves his dad makes me see how great of a person he will be. He is kind, warm, understanding, loving and sweet. When he says prayers he speaks to Heavenly Father like He is his best friend. He is passionate about all things in his life. OH he has quite the red-headed temper, but he is learning to control it. 

I will miss the chubby boy cheeks when he grows up. I will miss the loves from my George (yup my nickname for him). He keeps telling me he will never be too old to hug me and love me so I can only hope he will still snuggle me when he is tall and giant. He still struggles with his lungs and always will, he may not have a lot of lung strength but he makes up for it in heart and soul. He touches people with the kindness he carries with him. 

He is my boy...So happy birthday to John Thomas Henrie Aug 16...you are amazing.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

He's a wonderful boy. I hope he had a great day with lots of cake.

Harlin Family said...

John is something special. Tell him happy birthday. What an exciting thing to be getting the priesthood. He has a good example in his dad. :)

emt8385 said...

Happy Birthday John!!!! Remeber when we went to target and u got an electronic wheelchair. That was awesome. Oh what a week. Love you