Sunday, November 9, 2014

Photos, pumpkins, apples

I was standing outside the other day in the glorious sunshine of Idaho and was missing the leaves of a beautiful Maine fall. I was wondering when life would settle down and why life is so difficult some times. It would seem that our lives since we have been married has not been one of ease. Working long hours, difficult pregnancies, depression struggles, death, illness with children, surgeries....and on and on...oh not to mention a few moves in the last 7 years. My kids are done moving and dealing....well no need to complain just look at the photos from my phone...I am not a photographer but I think these ones are nice.







I am no where near as talented as my photographer friends, but i did find a way to edit these ones. Unfortunately, I am lazy and this is going to take too much time so you get what you are given at this point. Ok I am not lazy, just tired and have other things to do. Like write in my blog. 

I have had a journal for almost all of my life. I have times when i dont write most of the time its because I was sleep deprived or something of that sort, but now you would think I could, time is an issue. Working upto 50 hours a week is a bit overwhelming and my kids are always on the computer doing homework. So I dont have access all of the time. Not to mention I work on the computer all day long and I usually dont want to deal with it when I get home. 

One day last week I was telling Shane how much I missed having pumpkins and apples in the house. I mean really who has a Sunday afternoon with out popcorn and apples? I remember that is what we did all the time, oh and play Scrabble...sadly enough Scrabble has lost its appeal with my kids (well some of them) and we have had no apples. I like having pumpkin cause I really feel like pumpkin in a can is crap! CRAP, I say....So this was my surprise




There are only a few of these treasures left. All of the rest of them are in our freezer frozen and awaiting pie (which I hate) and pumpkin roll. Jake has found a pumpkin brownie recipe. We will have to try that one. Laura made pumpkin roll yesterday (thanks to Jessica a la Puss-n-boots for showing us that treasure). That pumpkin roll was delicious. I only got one piece, but it was delicious. 

Around about the same time Shane bought 2 bushels of apples. They are now in our freezer as well. It always feels a bit better knowing that there is some food around the place for the times when you want a treat...

I have realized that my kids are pretty great. They do stupid things sometimes and i wish most of the time the laundry was done in some way....by the way i have been missing a bra for 2 weeks, I am not sure where it could have gone too but apparently its just gone, like the washer ate it or something? Seriously how does something that big just disappear?....on to what i was saying i also wish they would clean the bathrooms...but overall they are happy kids. They dont ask for much and just want our attention. They are all at a good age and are fun to be around. Its nice to see them at this point. There was a time I never thought this would come, yet here it is. 

I guess the holidays are coming....thanksgiving is going to be spent at our house and that is going to be awesome. Just a day where we are all together (with a friend, well mostly a sister) and can enjoy movies and time....just time. What are you doing on Thanksgiving? Do you have to run all over the world? I hope you get the joy of staying home and just being....just being....The next day I have to be at Bed Bath and Beyond for a long shift so go easy on the peeps working on Black Friday! 

I am going to try to be grateful through this holiday season and be in the spirit...its going to be a choice for me that i have to consciously make but i am going to work on it...What do you do to get into the spirit of the holidays? do you have some trick? Let me know so I can work on it myself....Thanks peeps

4 comments:

Melissa said...

We'll be going to Utah with drus family and will have the best time with them. We're all excited to see the cuzzies and spend time together. It'll be great food and great company. I love the smells of this season and music and being cozy in my house. That helps me stay happy this season.

ErinGrover said...

36 in laws eating at my house this year. I'm kicking the half i can only stand so much of out of the house by 4. The rest could stay for the full day and i wouldn't blink an eye. :-)

Harlin Family said...

I love the fall colors of the trees in those pictures...beautiful! Ditto to what Melissa said about things that make her happy during the holidays. I hope your holidays are awesome this year Moira. Sounds like Thanksgiving will be nice relaxing with your family and close friends. :)

adventuresofthecrazies said...

you know I love apples, and I love pumpkins, and I especially love bras, now all we need in the house is either kewies, bananas or plums. You choose I'm going more along the lines of kewies. Love the pictures they are fabulous!!!