Sunday, November 6, 2016

My Makayla Jayne is a Senior


Someone told me once that I will be sad when my girls grow up. That I shouldn't rush it, be patient, enjoy every day. I was never one who believed in that. I wanted my girls to grow and be independent and happy. I wanted them to learn to crawl, walk, talk, read...enjoy everything life had to offer. I wanted to give them as much as I could and then let them fly. Do I miss those times when they were little? Yes a bit. But I get more joy out of watching them right now. Mostly because I enjoy days when my girl Makayla says what should I wear to my senior photos.....
My girls love the alley down town called Freak Alley...a bunch of artists go down to the alley and paint random things...we found some great backgrounds...Especially for my crazy girl....


my smart ass girl...short but strong


one for my favs....look at her smile





Makayla kept talking and laughing and Rachelle kept telling her to be quiet then she would say something so this shot came about...
 Our family loves Barber Park we have a lot of memories there, so Makayla wanted to have some photos there....the fall colors were coming on...it works for her...



We went to England this summer and saw Wicked, my cousin Heather gave us bracelets with some of the symbols. Makayla had left hers at home that day good thing mom has the same initial...I LOVE this...I hope she does defy gravity and flies to wherever she wants.


I got a similar photo with Brenda, Ms Rachelle likes to do this to me...I don't necessarily like it but I realize how important it is for this bit of time. Makayla will have it forever and know how much I love her.



This photo below is the ONE... I absolutely love it. When Brenda and I went through them and we came to this one we both said YES...it is her...shows her smile, her joy, her spirit everything about my girl. She has had a rough road of life this girl. Dealing with medical issues from almost the day she was born until this day she has struggled through it all and overcome it. She is sometimes down for the count for a day or two sleeping off the migraine, but she works, she learns, she struggles and she overcomes what life throws at her. I cant wait to see what is to come....I love you Whale you are the best ever...the Best Whale in the world...I couldn't ask for a better Makayla Jayne than you ....
PS As an aside I love Rachelle Harlin....she takes the time to photograph my children when I ask. I love the work she does. She catches us at the right time. Rachelle, I love you

No comments: