Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Boys, Christmas, Mammogram


When Shanes beard was gone a cool guy from the ward brought by this awesome hat. The boys absolutely loved it. Jake wears it as much as he can. He loves it. It has been so cold here in Idaho. In the negative temperatures and there has been a few snow storms. There is another one coming in tonight and tomorrow. The snow storms are nasty as well, like snow, ice, rain, ice, snow...its a mess. Then it warms up a bit and goes down into the negative temps. Granted our family knows how to deal with it but here in Idaho people get strange. They all of a sudden dont know how to drive. I suppose its not their fault they dont know. Also the use of salt/sand is not even thought about here. They use this ridiculous deicer crap that is frankly useless. It makes the roads slushy then it freezes and makes the roads worse. Silly really. Look at my boys...happy as pie with a hat that has a beard attached....makes me chuckle.

Speaking of snow and crap, there was an actual snow day last week and i opted to stay home with the children. The roads were terrible, i just dont have a desire to wreck my car. Also Shanes car is on the fitz so i stayed with my kiddos. Thought it would be fun, i have to remind myself that is not always the best idea. I mean they are great but some days they just want to kill...well certain children want to kill certain children then i have to get angry, then i slam doors, then one yells and it just turns into a mad house really not worth it. 

On a positive side for the first time in my married life Shane went Christmas shopping with me and of course we got it all done in one swoop. I suppose that is how he is. I am sure he will go out again. We usually have a small budget for Christmas and this year was no different. He came up with some good ideas so i am letting it go at that. I have some more stories about our shopping spree (of which is was not cause i dont call anything under 150$ a shopping spree) but i cannot talk about them yet. When i can i will tell you about them. Family secrets have to stay until they can be exposed!!!!


I made the boys dig out our little christmas tree and the decorations. I have been asking since Thanksgiving. Anyone who knows me knows i could care less if we have decorations at all, BUT this year something feels different. We are in our own house doing our own thing. We dont feel obligated to go anywhere and nobody is coming for the holiday. I wanted everything up so we could enjoy the christmas lights in the house. Of course getting the stuff out was harder than i expected. We have a shed outside and Shane apparently has the only key. Every time i asked them to get the stuff out he wasnt home. Whatever, i finally got the boys to get the stuff out and John got the honors of pulling out the tree figuring out how to make it stand (we have lost one of the little feet to help it stand) and decorating it. I would say he did a fine job. 
Jake on the other hand decided he wanted to put up lights. I told him to do what he wanted. Our house whatever holes he wants to put in the walls i dont care. So he strung up the lights through the front room. Makes our house a bit sweeter. I love the lights in the house. I remember when i had Laura we had some lights strung up from Christmas still hanging and sitting up with her at night and nursing her under those lights. Makes for fond memories of peaceful time with Laura as a baby. 
So I have been trying to take more photos lately of all of us together. Laura got a selfie stick for Christmas from someone so we tried to use it. Well it didnt work very well...ok not at all...so Makayla is stretching out and pushing the button to take the photo...I love this. Shane had walked in the door and he doesnt like photos of himself or to be on this blog but look there we are. I suppose i should have done this more when Brenda was home, she can do it with her family i guess...Maybe at Christmas when they are home i will do it again??? Getting Shane to be in on it is the tough part. 


See this machine? If you are a woman and over 40 you should know this machine intimately. Or it should know your boobies. This year i had to go back 2 times to have a mammogram done as well as an ultrasound as there was a small node they are watching and have been watching. I did not want to see this damned thing again.The node they are looking at is almost by my chest wall, let me tell you that is a shitty place to have them looking at. Its way down deep and i dont have small breastcles...These boobies have been the bane of my existence for a while, well since they appeared really. So my mother seemed to have some trouble with hers and then death arrived. So I figure i should keep up with mine. I bothered my friend at work so much she is going to get her first mammogram as well. I really like her, She makes me laugh. I warned her about it, but i also told her she needs to be around for her kids, and be a good example to her daughter...I mean everyone should get their boobs squished, to the point of no return, or where you want to scream Uncle. Or where you have a bruise under your armpit....but when you raise your arm to shower the next day you know...I am still here, I am okay, my kids will still have me for the next while, I may even be here to have some grandchildren show up? Lucky me Huh??? Unlucky for my Mum...but I know she is watching and loving every minute of my boob squishing adventures....GO GET YOURS DONE...if you are of age of course and need toooooo



No comments: