Monday, December 5, 2016

FOOD the joy of FOOD

I saw myself in some photos and decided whoa...lady get yourself under control...figure things out.Yes it was about my hair! I like my hair generally. When i was younger it was a lovely sweet strawberry red...now its an ugly drab old lady color and has sliver streaks and  I feel old. I was also checking out how cute my daughter was in her beautiful dress and my other girls in their dresses...wishing i could be just as lovely. I know, dont get down on yourself, but it happens, we all feel that way about ourselves every once in a while.

So i decided to get my hair done (already a blog on that) And then I decided i should be more careful of my diet. My diet is a tough thing. I dont have great genes and i am super lazy...I love my bed, I love being snuggled in a bed or a blanket and just chilling. I decided, after a visit to my doctor, that now is the time to make some changes. Ya i am hot and stuff but i need to be hotter, come on people. I started the new diet and it was hard....I have found an new joy in some new foods, but also i have left behind some yumminess...For 6 weeks i left behind sweets. Then my good friend brought some cheesecake...


blurry photo cause i was in the process of snarfing it down like a pig.....
Then i went directly back to my diet of lean meats and lots of veggies and low carbs. I was doing so well. Then Thanksgiving came...someone gave us rolls....they were so so good. I ate 3 with lots of butter then stuffing...It was glorious, until the next day. When i was sorry that i ate that much. Needless to say i figured out the standing of my body and then everyone got sick....that was where the turkey soup came in again.....

So i got back on track quickly and decided to go on a date with my hubby....Decided i wanted some chocolate, picked up these cookies there are not many in the box and if you are at Albertsons around here PICK THEM UP AND EAT THEM....they are delicious....and worth every.single.bite.


So then i was messing around on the internet and i found this meme...I love love love everything about this...Those red hot dogs (which should be cooked in a hot pan with just a touch of butter) with the bun that opens on the top, a cold, super cold Moxie, and chips...my life would of course not be complete without a Whoopie pie....or a good old bunch of Hydrox cookies...I also miss really good fried fish and clams.

WHAT YOU WANT TO HEAR MORE ABOUT FOOD??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Frankly i am not that great of a cook. Laura is the cook in the house. Jake comes in as a close 2nd. I have done it for years, i could really care less if i ever really do it again. 


Last sunday i made apple fritters and they were so good. I had a bite of one, delicious. They were gone by the end of the night. 

we made potato soup for Makayla who had her wisdom teeth out

I also made cabbage soup and i love it. it was gone in a few days, mostly cause nobody would eat it and then the boys left it out....soooo, needless to say i suppose i have to stop making stuff i like and nobody will eat.

after weeks of eating salad, veggies, chicken and low carbs I came home to this delicious dinner. I was so excited. Brown rice and peas, with home made coleslaw and chicken breast. It was so glorious to have a fully cooked meal that was filling. 

So i am done with my food post i have been trying to post for a week and a half....just know this, food is delicious...Its sometimes worth finding out new things about food and trying new things...Kind of like life, just try something new....see how your life may change.....






No comments: