Sunday, April 3, 2016

Bed, Tents, Kid Trials

Sometimes i come home and there are random surprises at my house. Sometimes when i have had a particularly rough time Shane does something that takes my breath away. I am not good at showing those kinds of feelings, especially when i am surprised. I came home the other day after my shots and i was feeling crappy to this

That my friends is a King sized bed. I am so happy. 2 years ago i had one and I loved it the kids climb on and just hang out when we are doing scriptures or whatever. I really loved it. Then we had to leave the bed in the house where all of the mold was. That was so sad for me. We had found another bed on Craigs List and it has served it purpose but it was too soft....WAY too SOFT...

We have slept on this bed for 2 nights and my back is screaming but its probably because it has been on a soft bed for so long...This bed is firm and really nice. I am glad really glad. Now have to get some sheets for it. 

In other news today and yesterday was General Conference in other words 2 days of nothing but TV and blankets. It was nice, really nice to have some good enlightenment in the house. It was more fun to have the kids want to write down what they are learning. I am grateful they are learning and loving to hear from our leaders. Whether they stay in the church or not, I am glad they are learning good habits of notations and study. 


They were pretty tired today. The boys slept in this tent last night 

Jake has been trying to work on his merit badges for scouts. He and John are doing a great job. John is going to be an Eagle by the end of the year or hopefully by his birthday. Jake by next year. It makes me sad that they work so hard but yet are made fun of because they work so hard. 

There has been quite a bit of bullying going on with our kids. Its something we have kept in our home and are working on as parents with our children. Our girls have created good goals for their lives and are achieving them, other girls are really mean. You would think there would be some solace somewhere, that somewhere is home. I am sad that i cannot protect them all of the time. I think the more open we as parents are the stronger they are at being able to defend themselves. I try to tell them all of the time they are more than what they go through. Life is full of trials, full of people who dont like you, full of general sucky-ness that we all have to deal with. But they can overcome the hardness of others. Afflictions are hard, never fair and never just what was supposed to happen. We will keep working on it. I love my kids, they are pretty great. Each one is growing and becoming wonderful. I am so grateful for the ones who do guide and lead my children. I am grateful they have each other to hold on too...that makes my heart full.




1 comment:

Melissa said...

Great news about the bed, not so great news about the bullying. That blows man. Your kids are awesome. I wish jakob was back here so he could be with Masaru.