Saturday, April 2, 2016

Old Work, New Work

I have been out of sorts for the last while. I have so many things i want to write but so often i dont write because i know i will write things which are not nice. Finally today I dont feel so...grumpy, whatever it is...

A few weeks ago I received an opportunity which would benefit my family in a great way. Ever since i graduated from college my goal was to to work within a business that would guide me to HR. I thought if i worked hard enough at my current employer i would be able to get there pretty quickly. I signed on with the hopes of moving around in the company. I am a pretty smart person, it has taken me a long time to figure that out. When i transferred to the intake position i was grateful to have more experience. I have learned so much in that position. Unfortunately, i am not sure that my worth was valued as much as it could have been. Ameriben is a great company. I just felt like i wasnt moving the way i wanted. Having an HR degree does not matter, or any degree. Before you ask I tried to move t other parts of the company but did not have the longevity desired. It is odd when longevity is not a way to get around in the company...something i was told over and over.

I am not angry at Ameriben, I am frustrated that it doesnt work for me. The worst thing about Ameriben is that I wanted to give my notice in a cordial way but instead felt like i couldnt. That was stinky. I was called into an office under the guise of "getting to know you"and then asked about a rumor that i had another job. That frustrated me and made me sad. I thought i signed up for a company that would not go on rumors.  I did give my notice in person and in writing and received nice comments back. Its ok...i am moving forward.

I will miss my team. They are some of the best ladies i have ever worked with. Not very often can i be myself and still teach others the things i know. I have had a great time helping them along their paths.I have learned how to get along with people i may not like, some i really, really enjoy and some that dont like me. I have gained a sense of reassurance in who i am of who i can become if i keep working hard. I have learned how to use my brain to work to my advantage. I am more tolerant of others, more exact in the things i do and how i do them. I am becoming....wonderful. For that i can thank Ameriben.

I got another job at another company where i will start in the billing department and be challenged. I have sat at my job for the last 3 months bored out of my head. So bored i come home exhausted from being bored. I have to say my lead is awesome and has tried to work with me to give me things to do so I am not so bored. It has been a tough road for her to have me on board. The interviews i did for this job were great and went very well. I am thrilled they were willing to see my excitement. I am grateful that i was chosen to be a part of the team. I know some of this is excitement on a new job, but some of it is the chance to be challenged and to have a change.

So my last day working at Ameriben on April 15 and start at St Alphonsus on April 18. I am grateful to people who think of me. I often am surprised that people think so much of me. Enough to throw me the opportunities. This is not the only opportunity that has been offered to me but it is the only one I have taken.

All that being said i had to have a flu shot, the first one ever in my life AND a DTaP shot. today i would really rather just lay in bed and die. It has been a Tyelnol/Ibuprofen day.  DTaP is not fun, oh and blood work to see if i have TB lounging around and see if i take any drugs (heres to hoping that I pass that one) I dont think i have ever had my immunization records so the exciting part is that i now i do. The insurance is cheaper and WAY better, and there is much more encouragement to have comfort at your desk. So that will be helpful to my back. maybe now i can get back to the gm and get working on myself. One of my goals for the year is to put more focus on me. Of course getting through a wedding first!!

My family is just as excited about the change as well. They see new life in me and that is a good thing. I am hopefully on my way to working hard and well enough so Shane doesnt have too work anymore. Or only if he wants too.

Of course he wont want too..that is why i love him....

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds exciting Moira. Keep us informed.