Sunday, January 8, 2017

Snow Snow and More Snow

I wasnt going to post anything for a while cause i didnt have anything to write about then it started snowing. In all of the years i have lived in the Boise Valley we have never seen this much snow. I feel like i am stuck in my house in New England again watching the world grow more silent with each passing day.  This kind of snow really makes life difficult for me. A good thing is that i have a job this time. I work, I have to get up, I have to get in the shower, get ready, make my lunch, eat a breakfast, go to work and interact with people. I am forced to do things i never had to do when i had children and was at home. I think it has been easier for me this time. I dont depend on my phone, calling people just to have human interaction. I am excited to talk to Shane, to have my kids around.

Leading up to this snow, i have a car that does not have the greatest heat. It is an old car and is dependable but the heater in it is tepid, ya that is a good word. Tepid make for super freaking cold if you are driving in below zero weather. I hadnt told many people at work until the other day and word got around. I am pretty sure i shouldnt have said anything at all. In any case i have some nice ladies who will be getting me to work for the next week until the temps get a bit warmer. Of course everyone here is from here and they are all freezing anyway. I have taken out my coat, but only on the below zero days. All of the other days i have a long sleeve shirt and a sweater and it seems to work well for me. Oh i also have my swanky bright pink and black fingerless gloves which are my pride and joy. they have the awesome glove parts that come over your fingers when you are driving. Love those damned things.

In any case, ride to work will be nice. Having the temps warmer will help, but 2 feet of snow? not so cool. I have taken some cool photos over the past week or so.

This was the time Shane decided to cut the tree down in the back yard. The tree i love and look at from my window every morning. Shane was worried about it growing over the neighbors fence. So he got the boys up and they decided to get it cut down.  


That day it was in the minus temperatures and the boys were not excited but they had a great time using the chainsaws as usual. They are good kids to work in such weather. (by the way notice the chairs you cant see them anymore in the back yard)
I had to go to the church to do a Boy Scout merit badge class with some boys was noticing the icicles. Well they are everywhere now and if people knew better they would get them off their houses at this point...ice dams are NOT your friend.


Then the snow came along a few days later and dint want to stop...hideous blowing snow, in your eyes stinging your face cry to the LORD for it to stop snow. 

This was me driving home from work couldnt see anything....stupid, btw no plows in Idaho or ability to know how to properly plow the roads...whatever.

Front of the Henrie Homestead after the snow...well at the end...still snow in the air

one of the boys shoveling out the driveway.

down the side of our house
Todays view from the front window....


My boys and Shane had to dispose of an American Flag as he found one on the floor of the guard house at work. Apparently the guard there didnt know how to take care of the flag properly and there was a bit of a ruckus about the flag laying in a pile on the floor. Shane brought it home, he and the boys had a bit of a fire going in the yard to get rid of some stuff, during the storm, and they disposed of the flag. It was nice to see. 

My boys and the catch of the day...monster icicle. 
end of the day snow....We have quite a bit of snow. There has been quite the freak out here. There is not enough supplies or money to have the removal done. Meridian and Boise had to call a State of Emergency to have the National Guard come out and help clean up. I was driving to work and a plow truck was in front of me. I was so happy. Of course i drove around after i laid on my horn to make the dude in front of me go by him. people are silly. 

I have trouble in the winter. Although the snow is beautiful and my house is warm and snugly i just want to stay in bed and not come out. This is a sign of depression and seasonal affective disorder. SAD is not a good thing. Makes life hard, your mood is never that great, its hard. I want to eat food but then i dont cause i dont want to gain weight. I want to stay in bed, but i cant i work. Life is a struggle for me anyway but more of a struggle to get up every day. I have to remember to go outside during the day so I get some sunshine. Vitamin D is our friend those of us who suffer with this. I work in side all day, so i have to remember there is sun out there...when its not snowing. 

Speaking of work, i went to my bosses the other day and asked for more work. I suppose i have written about how i get bored easily. Well they made it so i now have quite a bit more access to things and am working hand in hand with some other groups to help with their issues. It is quite freeing. I am so glad to be able to have the autonomy to really work harder and grow. I love the challenge of what i am doing as well as helping others. I think its fulfilling to help others, to be of service as well as learning at the same time. Kind of a cool thing to be a part of. 

I think this winter is one of much learning and change for me. I have some other stuff to write about but nothing i want to chat about now. There is so much going on in my head that i cannot really filter it out or have it make sense right now. So i will keep thinking on it until i can....Until then what about your yard? Is it full of snow? how are you coping? 


2 comments:

abrat said...

Sending hugs via the internet always feels a bit ineffective. But knowing how cold you are I guess it can't hurt. So, hugs from us. Miss you. Go for a 10 min walk today -- it always helps. Love,
Amy

Melissa said...

This snow is beautiful and crazy. We've been working and working as a family with it. It's been great 5 snow days in a row man for the kids. They were loving that. 😘😍😘love you.