Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Home is WHERE????

Home is WHERE???

So for the past few days I have been in a bit of a quandry....I have a full time job hours are 9-530 so I dont get home until 6. I dont see my kids much and am pretty tired when I get home.

Ok tired is a lie, I am pissy, really pissy. I really am not happy with this job, I am trying to find the positives in it but its hard.

The week started with an email from a girlfriend (sounds strange I dont really have "girlfriends") who I spend a good amount of time with and she is onto awesome endeavors which I know that she will be amazing at but it made me really REALLY sad. Dont get me wrong I know it was time to not spend so much time and she is amazing and I can only hope to be as great as she is someday. BUT I am selfish and want to have her to myself more. I know she is there for me whenever I need her...well enough of that

Next I had to go to work for this ridiculous job where I listen to people complain all day long, possibly yell at me in another language (and expect me to understand) while i try to make sense of what they need. Its all good just not where I visioned myself to be after my College career....I have to remember the Lord has His time (whether you believe in God or not I do so deal with my reasoning)....time sucks.

So I ended up coming home and crying for an hour and going to sleep at 7pm and waking at 4 am this morning. What changed today?? Did I read scriptures? NO Did I pray? kind of  Did I think good thoughts? NO I went about the day and hoped for relief from the bit of sorrow i was feeling then ....some where in the afternoon today I got a text from my kid telling me she loved me. That text helped me through the day. I realized at that point that I am working for my kiddos and i need to suck it up.

I also got a text from another girlfriend(there is that word again) that said she wanted to hang out a bit more...and so it is...I have another work out buddy so I dont feel lazy about going to the gym.

I also got a text from my sister Sarah telling me " get off your ass and get to the gym or be forever resigned to the fact that you will be fat" (or something like that) I LOVE that girl...she knows me well enough to tell me how it is and that its important for me to deal and suck it up. OH and she told me I can bitch to the masses through this blog....kind of excited about that!!

When I got home i found my family sitting watching a movie and enjoying the time together. Its a strange movie about what I have no idea, but there was a scene where an arm got cut off..wish I had a recorder going...priceless....

So home is WHERE?? its where I want it to be when I want it to be....When I am feeling sad, when I am feeling sorry for myself, when I am at my lowest a simple text is all I need sometimes to focus and bring back the feeling of HOME.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog. Keep at it, it gets better. Next time you feel really down remember you are loved. Then journal or write down what your are grateful for

Melissa said...

I agree with Kenneth. Keep blogging. I love it. It makes me feel close when were apart. I'm glad you have a new work out buddy. I'm positive you guys will do great. You're strong and wonderful. You have the right attitude and will be great. xox

Harlin Family said...

I love that your blogging. It is a great way to get your thoughts and feelings out of your head. I think it can be somewhat therapeutic. You are loved by many....including me! :) I'm cheering you on. Keep on keeping on.