Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Music

So today i was wondering what makes life work the way it does. I am at a job i loathe with all of my soul and yet i am still learning something new. Mostly that i hate people and stupidity and the inane reasoning of idiots, other than that....well mostly that.

I came home and decided to fix my blog and mess with it a bit so I can follow some blogs and then allow some comments. Apparently settings are important and I neglected to fix some of them. Fear not those of you who wanted to comment you may now do so, I shall allow it. If you cant comment then I dont like you and tough...(not really just send me a message and I will figure it out, unless of course i really dont like you and that is another story)

As I sat outside today of the dank office i work at i tried to admire the beauty of the world. I plugged in my ear buds and turned on some noise that was not yelling.

This is what i saw and mind you I am behind a big box store of delight, and sitting on a bit of grass. I was listening too whatever random crap Brenda put on my phone and then came Allison Krauss and Union Station. I enjoy a bit of Bluegrass from time to time.(dont tell my dad I will lie and say I hate it )  Hmmm lets see if I can put in a link here: 


Kind of was a nice song to listen too while i was sitting enjoying the beauty of the day. For those of you who know me music is pretty important to me. All types really. I have songs that remind me of people places and times. Times i dont care to remember but need too, people I am angry at but still love...well you get it. Got me to thinking what is it about music that makes me feel. I remember music from the time I was little. Everything from bluegrass to oldies to acid rock, highland music to choral to symphonic classics. It seems I have a song for everything. Each one of my children have a song related to their birth...Oh you want to know of course you do or else you wouldnt be reading this...sheesh you are a nosy crowd...Here is the list and a link:





There are stories behind the reasons for all of these but for now I will just leave them here...listen and enjoy. In any case still trying to figure out what the heck I am supposed to learn, in the mean time I am going to spend some extra time listening to some music, maybe expanding my repertoire, and just taking one step at a time. 

Somehow this blog and maybe a few nice comments from friends and family(hint hint) will help me through this journey which has had me in the depths of sorrow at times. Down so low that I feel I cannot get out. I know there is always an out, a way to find joy. Oh sure I know I have great people around me, and awesome family....BUT sometimes its hard to feel it when you are alone on a piece of grass outside a dank office with 20 mins of time before you have to reenter. So for a while I will depend on music in my ears find a new song every once in a while or download one I remember from a time long forgotten and read some comments on a silly blog and wonder what people think.  (OH i am always open to new song suggestions too)

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Your right music is wonderful. I'm glad you can find some solace in it xox

Harlin Family said...

Music is one of my favorite things. It is amazing how a song can take you back to a place...good or bad. I'm loving your blog.

Jenniflower said...

I love Allison Krauss! And Music is awesome!! Singing, listening, dancing, its all good!