Sunday, March 30, 2014

Dinnah at the Dinah

I finally have a chance to sit down and write!! I have been wanting too all week and yet never had any time to make it happen. Here I am on a Sunday afternoon watching Shane cook while the boys watch, helping Laura with homework (apparently she sucks at english) and Makayla is shredding cheese to go along with said dinner. 


See Lauras frustration??? I feel bad for her but she has had all of Spring Break to work on this paper AND we got an email from her teacher that she may fail English...so life is sucking pretty bad. 

Which brings me to my question of the day...what is going on in this life if everything sucks so much. I mean ya there are happy times. This week was the first Spring Break that I wasnt home most of the time with my children. It kind of pained my heart to not be able to be home with them. I wanted to go and play with them, have a good time with them. Do something with them....Alas I was at a full time job wondering what I was doing there and why I still had to work at it. So all week long I told the hubs how much I missed the kids and sort of complained about it. Saturday he surprised all of us with taking the whole family to dinner. Actually, it was lunch/dinner at a truck stop.....
PEOPLE if you have never been there you should go and eat there...it is DELICIOUS!! The best steak in Boise by far....hell its a truck stop...go and eat there. Plus very reasonable for a family of 7 and everyone had some form of steak. OH you need a pic you say????




Laura wanted french dip sandwich and it was good looking....They had so much fun. The best part (besides dessert) was a kid somewhere in the restaurant did the whistle from the Hunger Games...all of my kids then kissed their fingers and raised them high in solidarity!!! Haha, that kid laughed so hard. Made my day to have my crazy kids around and enjoy their company. Dessert is awesome also....



I know this is a super long post but it was a fun time. Go eat at the Stage Stop or go for dessert they make everything from scratch there and its like heaven (and reasonable). 

Moments like these make life fun, and let me know that I am doing alright as a mom. Somehow we have made some good progress. We have kids that want to be with us, laugh with us, love us...warms my heart. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had fun. Life can be hard and sucks, but remember what you are grateful for. I drive by this diner every week. I might have to stop in.

Harlin Family said...

My favorite part of the post, besides you having a much needed good time with your family, is the Hunger Game whistle story. lol

Melissa said...

Lol this is awesome. Loving all those pics.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your family is doing well. Leave the guilt behind, doesn't do any good anyway. Your family is happy and that's big kuddo's to you. We'll have to try the truck stop!