Saturday, March 22, 2014

Really????

Working is not what its cracked up to be. I think the hours I work are ridiculous. 9-5.30...ok probably not but I want them to change to something where I can see my kids or just have a few minutes at the end of the day where I dont feel rushed in life. Maybe this week.....(maybe this takes some getting used too?)

I woke up this morning feeling like garbage and wondering why in the hell I felt like that. So I thought over the past few weeks and all that has been going on. I have decided I am tired and am going to lay in bed for a while and rest. I was supposed to go to the gym, someone was coming over and something else plus I work at BBB from 2-10....I cancelled everything and lay in bed. Did it help, you may wonder, not really now I just feel crappy. Whatever it was worth a try.

On another note which is totally not related to anything I have previously written....What is the deal with women, ladies, girls wearing leggings as pants? I dont get it. I have seen all kinds of shapes and forms which I personally think are unbearable to look at. Respecting ones self is important. Maybe this is a rant that will offend but eh its my blog so whatever. Leggings, especially black ones, when they do not fit will show alllllll of your lady parts and everyone can see them. I have my own lady parts and dont really care BUT I have 2 sons who apparently notice these things as they have commented to their dad about lady parts as of late. Mind you we have plenty of lady talk in this house. My poor boys know more about periods and such than they should, and they are ok with it...But I am not sure I actually want them to see lady parts, you know VIEW them through a pair of see through leggings. ( I like to call them not pants). I have no problem with you wearing them just wear a long shirt, or a skirt, or something....just saying.

This brings me to another topic about women. For those of you who dont know my religious tendencies I am a Latter-day Saint. Women do not have the priesthood in our church and most likely never will. I seem to be cool with that as its far too much work for me to want to do. I frankly dont want all that condemnation on my head. I got enough going on trying to be a mom and doing that right. But as General Conference time comes around there is a group of women who want there to be "equality" within the church in the form of going to the Priesthood session of Conference. Now I could care less to go as I have other things to do, and mostly men get a good reaming at that session. Something about being good upstanding men, upholding principals of the gospel, dont be a jerk, love your wives, be good dads and dont be asses. That sort of thing. I feel like its a good way to make men feel important. That their job is hard too. Men have a tough row to hoe in life. A balance that can be difficult made more difficult if emotional women were involved. We as women are nurturers. Love exudes from us to our children they know its there. For men (I know not all) but it is more of a challenge. A thing they have to be reminded about, to work on...dont get me wrong we as women need some serious work too....but the Priesthood meeting is a reminder that MEN are MEN and are just as amazing as women. HELL its a stinking 2 time a year meeting and a group of women feel they need to be involved. WHY? dont you already know your worth and value, that is all we talk about in the church. Let the men have a pep talk, they are fighting the battles for us as mothers, wives, daughters, sisters, friends, whatever you are. Its like they are in the huddle on the playing field and the coach is giving a pep talk....women just mess that up. (yes I made a sports analogy). It seems to me that those women say they are honoring the church with their voices but with their actions they are dishonoring the spirit of the law. ENOUGH....

For this reason I know in my home I am more valued to Shane than any other person on the earth. More than his mother, father....anyone. He and I have serious differences but in the end he values me enough to keep the promises we made when we got married. I have not been the best wife...I have my struggles which he has to deal with...but through all he has been there. Honoring his priesthood, his love of gospel, his children and the promises of our marriage. Why would I want to impede on his ability to perform his duty as a servant of God? Just as I am sure he feels the same about me. (OH he would not want to be pregnant) So this silly thought that I am the same as a man is just that silly. I am equal in our ability to be good parents, we are equal in our path of life, we have created and equality of life, love and happiness with both of us doing our part. I dont need priesthood to validate that I am amazing in the sight of God. I know deep down that I am, through my hubs and his love and respect of me. Sometimes its hard to find but I know it with all that I am. When it comes down too it, I am amazing, loved, important, and valid.




4 comments:

Harlin Family said...

Amen to the whole post!

Melissa said...

Good post Moira.

emt8385 said...

Um and the women of the church have like a bazzillion meetings a year to tell them how wonderful they are. Men get two sessions a year. Just saying.

emt8385 said...

Oh and working sucks balls