Friday, April 25, 2014

Friends and Men


Do you ever wonder why you meet different  people at different times in your life? No matter where I have been whatever job, home, school, area, I have found someone who is interested in me. Dont get me wrong I personally dont like people,  or their questions. Every once in a while I get lucky and get someone who understands my humor and snarkines.

Bed Bath and Beyond has given me friends who have stood beside me no matter what has happened. There have been time working there when I have felt overwhelmed, frustrated, scared, overjoyed, sad, happy and a ton of other emotions. Yet there are some people there who understand me, give me support when I dont know where to go or what to do. A group of 2 or 3 ladies who are close to me even though we dont talk very often. These ladies have given me strength to make decisions and move forward in my life.

There are 2 men who have become close personal friends who also influence my life in many different ways. They know just when to text me, call me or just say something which will make me smile. They are a part of my family, they support me, they love my children, they love my husband, i dare say they love me (although I am sure they would never admit that, too manly)

Right now I have a job which stresses me out, yet I have found a friend who encourages me. She will send me messages, come by my desk, let me use my stupid accents (which are often not correct) and most of all she gets my humor. OH and we both are semi in love with Benedict Cumberbatch...oh you dont know who he is??? Well let me show you
WHAT you have not watched BBC's Sherlock well you are missing out...get cracking and watch it!!! it is joyous!! By the way check out this dudes eyes...amazing


Of course my other long standing love is Hugh Jackman
But I digress, I am at a place where in life where I have some actual friends. Seems strange to me as I often feel like I have to be a caretaker, I always get myself into situations where I take care of women instead of letting them be my friends.

One has helped me find myself, through exercise as well as being interested in me(I have eluded to her before, her husband is just as important), another is a sister from childhood who will spend her precious time on the road to come and see me and my children, another will answer my texts late at night or early in the morning or anytime i need, one will offer to take photos of my family on her own time (and her husband is a great supporter of mine, still havent figured that out) another was my visiting teacher and now randomly drops me a note via Facebook or some chocolate bread at Christmas(oh and she can see right through me always startles me), another has a super talented husband and 2 beautiful girls and she finds time on a Sunday to tell me I am worth while and important, another grieves but still smiles at me not knowing the torture I feel some days, another encourages me to be myself no matter what and loves my children even though she (at the moment is childless), one is from the North East and understands my humor and will sit with me and just be real...I could go on and on...maybe someday if I get permission I will write more specifically about these people.

Right now I am content to know that the people I know are generally all around me to support me. Maybe its age, maybe its the comfort of knowing myself better who knows....In the mean time I will leave another Hugh Jackman photo


1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love you to the moon and back Hugh. So handsome.
You're alright too miss Moira ;)