Saturday, May 3, 2014

Dishes and Maids and Marriage

I am of the mind that laundry should not be as important as it is. Really think about it are we as moms always doing laundry? I actually despise it so much so that I make my children do it. Its not as bad as it was when I had little ones but I must say its not much better, clothes get larger, dirtier, smellier, and piles get higher. I hate using the dryer. It is a waste of electricity when its super hot and dry here. I wish I had a better line out back but for now it is what it is.

Dishes are just as annoying. We havent had a dishwasher in our house for over a year now. The one we had died one day and I never told the landlords. I think its good for kids to have work to do. Crusty, moldy, dirty dishes make me so angry. Along with dirty cups. You know what else I have never had dishes that matched. Being married 19 years I think its time, good thing I found an entire set at a yard sale!! I now have matching dishes.

Some times i wish that i had a maid, then I would have to pay her and thats too much work as well. So i guess i had better deal with it. I know I wrote about finding joy in your life but it can sometimes be a tough thing to find. This week is especially hard. The job search goes on, and on, and on...seems never ending and so disappointing. I had a interview last week with a great company, they didnt want me sad and depressing but pushing onward. I received a phone call this week from another company, this week another phone interview so we shall see what comes of that.

on a bit of a lighter note as of May 6th we have been married 19 years. That is a super long time. We try to do something every year its hard to keep thinking of things. This year I  thought it would be fun to go on a go cart ride and maybe some mini golf a dinner and a movie. How to convince Shane was the question, but he was great and went anyway. Of course he won at mini golf and I beat him at go cart racing.


My hubs is a pretty cool guy, he has had to deal with a lot from me, I am not an easy person to deal with. We have had our struggles through out our marriage. It started like this
this is the day we were sealed about a year after we were married. That beautiful baby is my Brenda Renae. It was a lovely day full of joy...I see 2 stupid kids who have no idea what is coming. 
here we are a few days ago, sure we are a bit bigger (fatter) and someone has some extra hair but we are happy with life at this point. We are finding some peace and although he makes me crazy with all of his gun talk and hunting I know he loves me and I love him more and more every year. Here is to a few more years with this guy. Seems like he wants to hang with me as well....

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Love those dishes!!!
Congrats guys. It's something to be celebrated. Let me know about the job.

emt8385 said...

how has it been 19 years DAMN!!! we are old