Saturday, May 31, 2014

New Job Info

I thought I would say a few things about my new job. I work at AmeriBen. I took a quote from the web to explain it.

As a full-service TPA with 50 years of administration experience, AmeriBen/IEC Group (“AmeriBen”) is the largest group in the Northwest possessing both human resource consulting and benefit administration services.

So basically the job I do is quote benefits over the phone to people. The pay is good and the company culture is amazing. I am amazed everyday I go to work how much I enjoy going and being there. I have learned so much in the last 2 weeks and have been told I am quite a bit ahead of the others in my class. There are a ton of things to know and figure out but it is a good fit for me right now. The benefits through the company are amazing and will support the needs of our family. Waiting for this job has been difficult and stressful. 

I met the CEO Thursday and he knew me by name. He had already read about me and could say my name correctly. This company believes in education and family. The CEO gives Leadership Forums every Thursday to help teach his employees to become better. Sitting in his presence was quite awe inspiring. Then I found out he is a Stake President (for those who dont know he is a leader over 9 or so wards in the LDS church). The topic of his speech was It Must be Destiny! We are where we are because of the choices we make and the burdens we carry in life. We carry those burdens and become better and stronger because of them. We find ways to become strong or we fail. Becoming strong and moving forward is our Destiny. 

Today a letter came in the mail from the company. Welcoming my family to be a part of the AmeriBen family. This is amazing what kind of company does this? The focus of this company is on the family. I am grateful for this fact. This week coming there is a company picnic lots of games, food (provided by AmeriBen) and just learning about everyone. Over 900 people are going to be there and the word is that the CEO knows every ones names.

I am excited, as this job seems to be the one our family has been waiting for. The COO of the company started in Customer Service and worked her way up. There is a whole side of AmeriBen which is a Human Resources consulting group. I am excited. I am willing to work hard and show my worth.

I am glad to be at this place, to be at the start of the rest of our lives. Maybe now Shane can start slowing down?! Whatever that  means.

5 comments:

Karla said...

This sounds awesome and if anyone deserves a great shot at a great job, it's you my friend. I hope this is the best job you have ever had!

Dani said...

Wooooohoooooo! Congrats, Henries!

Jenniflower said...

If only all companies were as awesome as this one! (kind of jealous) Congrats to you and yours!!

sistaht26 said...

Congratulations Moira!! Sound like a dream job come true. Love ya girl!

Harlin Family said...

Here's to the start of the rest of your lives! You deserve this Moira. Glad all your efforts are finally paying off. :)