Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Sick and surprised

Its terrible to get sick and then have to work. I have decided that work is not my forte! Ok that is a joke. I like to work but I have not found the right job...more on that in a minute.

Mothers day came and I was sick but forced my way through church and our last Sunday serving at the Marquis Center. For those of you who dont know we have been going to a local senior care center for the last year and doing a sacrament meeting. Its short about a half an hour but my children have gained a new sense of what service is and how it can be a part of your life in a small way. My children have learned how to love those who cannot communicate well and those who have passed on. It has been a complete pleasure to watch my children grow and serve the loving souls at the Center.

For mothers day I asked for bacon and sausage and waffles. It was one of the most delicious meals I had eaten in 2 days. It gave me a terrible stomach ache but it was so worth it. The night before I came home to this:


I have been wanting a lap dog for a few years. Shane does this sometimes, he will get me something I have asked for when I least expect it. This little treasure is Tikka. We started out calling her Remington but Tikka was agreed upon by all when the name of Remy didnt work. Yes Tikka is the name of a gun. We figured if we were going to have a small dog she needed to have a big name. 

She is a good puppy so far. I would have liked to not have had a puppy but surprisingly she sleeps through the night and does well with Jill. Jill tolerates her now but she is getting to know Tikka well and working on it. They actually played in the yard today. 

Oh house training, she does great not peeing in the house just poop we are working on, her poop isnt that big so eh we will keep working on it. In the mean time here is her favorite spot

This is my chair and there she sits. Her cute little self. She is super adorable. I am pretty excited to have something I want and like. After many years of not having, or giving up, or putting aside what my needs are my husband thought of me and something I would love and want. Not quite sure how I feel about it yet but the kids like her and the hubs makes fun of her so he likes her too. All the while I was still sick struggling to make it through the partial training (good thing I have Laura)

Oh and just as a side bar Shane is still a baby whisperer this was him with one of the babies from our ward


Her name is Gwen and she is super lovely! Her parents were doing a musical number for us on Sunday (which was amazing) so she got to sit with us and promptly went to sleep. Must be the beard.No more babies for us, grandchildren are next on the list, take that Dad and Sal!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

So cute. Glad you had a great day.